Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How do you clean/Store your sneakers?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default How do you clean/Store your sneakers?

I used to LOVE buying white shoes all the time and keeping them clean and stored neatly but since I don't do anything labor related anymore with work I can start wearing white sneakers again on the norm. My all time favorite are white Nike's AF1's. I already had a white pair (as well as a few other AF1's) and bought a second white pair with intention of keeping it clean and nice.

I wore it 3 times already and holy crap I forgot how easily they get dirty. I just spent an hour cleaning them with a toothbrush (yes, it works very well) and hot water. I found the shoe box and the stuffers that go inside to help keep them from getting wrinkled. So I will now clean them once a week to keep them clean and store them in the box with the stuffers to keep the tips from wrinkling. AF1's are at least $90 and up so it's worth taking take of them.

How do you guys keep you sneakers in tip top shape? I know not everyone is anal with their shoes but understand that some of us are.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

These are at least 3 years old and I got them in mint condition for $8 from Goodwill. When I get home, I kick them off by the door. Straight up WORK shoes.