Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

If you randomly found a bag of money

Old 12-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default If you randomly found a bag of money

I had this chat with some friends the other night. Lets say you were walking out of a store, and as you come to your drivers door, you noticed a bag on the ground next to your car. No cars near you on either side. You pick it up, open it up, and realize its filled a ton of money.

Do you

A. go back into the store and hand it in in case someone lost it

B. finders keepers - you get in your car with the money and leave with a big ol' smile on your face

If it happened to me, I guess it really depends on what kind of bag the money was in. If it was like a purse or wallet, I would hand it in because I'm sure theres some kind of ID or something to go with it. If it was just a random plastic bag or maybe even like a backpack, I would have a hard time turning it in because more than likely, it probably belonged to a drug dealer or something. And we all know drug dealers dont need the money.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Might as well ask what people would do if a drunk horny supermodel rang your doorbell @ 3am? Ain't gonna happen so no sense pondering the "what if's".
Old 12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ LMAO! So true!

I would keep it....
Old 12-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Take the bag hit visionz and ramdom over the head, take their money too, and call it a day.

I would keep it....

[/quote]
Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

if no one is around and that happens to me, i would keep it. EFF turning it in.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I miss the Random contributions to threads.

I would have a hard time keeping it, depending on how much money it is. I'd feel guilty that some elderly person or single mother working two jobs to raise her three children after their father died in Iraq.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

When I worked at the grocery store I found a bookbag laying in the parking lot, so I took it to the office, when we looked in it, it was filled with cash. A couple hours later a guy, about 20, came in and asked if someone found a bookbag, so we gave it to him, the first thing he did was look in it and count the money. He said it was savings he had from working while at school that he was bringing back home.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i found 12xx bux in a envelope once, it had a mortgage slip in it though, felt like it would be a dick move to keep the cash so i drove to the bank and paid there mortgage for em

if there wasnt a slip in there, that wouldve been mine
Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^awesome

Glad to know some people at least have the decency to do the right thing. I guess I am one of those too honest people in life. Had that happen turned it into the police station probably about 500 but would do it with anything else as well. We even tracked down a person who dropped a 20 out of their pocket reaching for their car keys so they could get their money back. Guy was thankful it was his gas money for the week. Of course that was before gas was over 3 a gallon!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es

Its not technically the same thing as money, but about 3 months ago at Target while I was working, I found a 64 gig Ipad just sitting in the cart. I turned it in, and basically begged management to turn in the serial number to Apple. Took them a month but it got back to the lady. She came in and was in tears, because she thought it was gone.