Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hot Teacher Victimizes Two 18-Year-Olds with booze and sex

Old 07-14-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Hot Teacher Victimizes Two 18-Year-Olds with booze and sex

http://news.yahoo.com/hot-english-te...232008224.html

Tiffany Leiseth, a substitute teacher for the New Brighton Area School District in Pennsylvania, invited two different 18-year old seniors into her apartment for booze and sex while her husband was out of town on business. Even though they were 18 she faces charges because she was in a position of authority over the students and they haven't officially graduated.

Thoughts?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM

9 more pictures: http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/07/09/c...er-arrested/#1
Old 07-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think there's blatant misuse of the term victimize
Old 07-15-2014, 08:16 AM

^
Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Originally Posted by majik
I think there's blatant misuse of the term victimize

Yes and no.

When it comes to legality and consent, yes, it is a misuse of the term completely. They were 18 and old enough to consent to the behavior without any issue. However, being that she is a teacher, she is in a position where she could, be using her status to coerce, manipulate, or even blackmail these students. Do I think that this is the case here, not at all. But this does happen, which why is being arrested for misusing her authority as a teacher.

What bothers me most, and this is a bit of a tangent, is that when stories like this come out, men start staying things like, "where were teachers like this when I was in high school," or "what a lucky kid," but if the tables are turned and the teacher is a guy, he is a gross pervert. Some of these teenagers in relationships with teachers are there by choice, but others aren't, because their teachers are actually predators and it's awful when they can't talk about it to others because of fear of being called names like "slut", or if they are a guy a "fag" for not enjoying it. I think it's sad that we call out one behavior as being acceptable and the other as abhorable, when honestly, neither should be going on. But I digress.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

but she was only a substitute teacher, right? It's not like she had any real authority over them unless it was a long term substitute

and being a male teacher, age really comes into play.

I think people immediately attack male teachers because perception is they are typically more dominating and would more likely play the aggressor role, both as an 18yr old boy and a male teacher. Females are typically seen as more submissive, whether an improper stereotype or not.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Originally Posted by majik
but she was only a substitute teacher, right? It's not like she had any real authority over them unless it was a long term substitute

and being a male teacher, age really comes into play.

I think people immediately attack male teachers because perception is they are typically more dominating and would more likely play the aggressor role, both as an 18yr old boy and a male teacher. Females are typically seen as more submissive, whether an improper stereotype or not.

Any sort of teacher has the same amount of authority over a student. The only thing that a long term teacher is more likely to have is a students respect to that authority.

I understand why people attack the male teachers more, it doesn't make it right. Ignorance shouldn't be an excuse.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

She can victimize me whenever she wants.

Fair/right/legal or not, still would have been glad to be victimized by even a semi-attractive female teacher.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

I'd let her victimize me too