Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hillary: Insight On Military Morale?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Taken from CNN:
McCain raised the morale issue in a question he posed to Petraeus, saying, “Suppose that we send additional troops and we tell those troops, ‘we support you, but we are convinced you cannot accomplish your mission… we do not support the mission we are sending you on’? What effect does that have on morale of the troops?”

“It would not be a beneficial effect, sir,” Petraeus answered.

Clinton disagreed with both McCain and Petraeus on the morale issue.
----------------------------------
there was more, but I can't find the article again. sad.gif

Let's Look at who has military background. Starting with the soon to be General..

David Petraeus:

Petraeus commanded the 101st Airborne Division during the 2003 invasion of Iraq and during that unit's occupation of Mosul into mid-2004. Petraeus has been widely lauded for his effectiveness in administering Mosul, where public order decayed rapidly in 2004 soon after the 101st left.

Shortly after being appointed the ground commander in Iraq, Petraeus later observed at the time of his appointment that the US Army had been historically unprepared to fight insurgencies, and that despite having overwhelming force for conventional combat, it lacks the British experience of empire and the experience of Ulster and Malaya, and was intellectually unequipped to deal with the subtleties of guerilla warfare, noting that the British, with their colonial history had been in retrospect far better at combining local diplomacy with military force.[5]

In June of 2004, Petraeus was charged with the task of training the new Iraqi Army and security forces as commander of the Multi-National Security Transition Command - Iraq. He relinquished the post in September of 2005. Petraeus then assumed command of the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center (CAC).

Decorations and Badges:
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal (with Oak Leaf Clusters]
Legion of Merit (with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters)
Bronze Star Medal (with “V” Device)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal (with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters)
NATO Meritorious Service Medal
Gold Award of the Iraqi Order of the Date Palm
State Department Superior Honor Award
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Combat Action Badge
Expert Infantryman Badge
Master Parachutist Badge
Air Assault Badge
Ranger Tab
Joint Chiefs of Staff Identification Badge
Army Staff Identification Badge

John McCain:
McCain was educated at Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia and the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis. He then served as a naval aviator, seeing combat in the Vietnam War, and first became a national celebrity after being held as a prisoner of war for five and a half years, from 1967–1973.

Both his father and grandfather were famous U.S. Navy admirals. His father John S. "Junior" McCain commanded American forces in Vietnam while McCain was a prisoner of war. His grandfather John S. McCain, Sr. commanded naval aviation at the Battle of Okinawa in 1945. His mother is Roberta Wright (b. 1912). He attended Episcopal High School and graduated in 1954. That fall, McCain, like his father and grandfather, entered the United States Naval Academy. He graduated in 1958.

After graduating from Annapolis, McCain reported to Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida to begin training as a naval aviator. While training, he suffered a mishap during which his aircraft crashed into Corpus Christi Bay, though he escaped.[3] Eventually he graduated and entered the U.S. Navy's light attack community

POW in Vietnam - Shot down.

Hillary Clinton:
Her husband bombed the crap out of Kosovo shrug.gif I'm still not sure why...

I would say she has plenty of insight to be able to disagree with two veteran military officials on the expected morale of our troops. rolleyes.gif
Old 01-25-2007, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its clear to me shes a dumbass, even before this comment.

I've got nothing against a woman being President, as long as she's competent for the job (which is hard because there are very few women with the experience in politics like McCain or mostly any other person running for President).

Whats sad to me is a good chunk of women might vote for her just because she is a woman running for the highest office in the land. While there may be some men that might do the same thing in a case where there is a retarded man and a qualified woman running for office, the fact is multiplied because there has never been a woman President, and some women might be inclined to vote just on that notion.

The Mayans predicted the world will end in 2012 or so, they've been pretty accurate so far. With all the political strife in America, some far left Democrats running around spouting stupid comments about the war in Iraq, Iran/Syria/North Korea getting power-hungry, you never know, the Mayans might be right.

I'll enjoy the Turbo Tib as much as I can before the world ends.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator

If Hillary is elected President, I might just move to Cuba.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 AM

^^ I dunno where I'd go, but I'd have to go somewhere lol.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..."

[HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3]
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Electing Hilary for president is like taking all the money you make, wiping your ass with it, then throwing it in the trash--cause you sure aint gonna see it again.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

You're all welcome to move to Canada. wink1.gif
Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 PM

lmao.gif ^^ If it wasn't cold I would. If I had to I'd hide in Africa, like Kenya or someplace lol.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

If hillary is elected president, i'm going back to poland where my white ass is from.

she's rotten. she "settled" for new york, but didn't originally want it. she published a book during her being senator and government officials aren't supposed to have books published. she paid the publisher to illegaly do it, and made millions off of it.

no military background nothing. she just smiled for the camera and expects to win america over. she's really a b*tch. sorry if you disagree, i really don't know much about politics but i wouldn't want her to be president.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Her husband didnt do a good job, and neither will she. Hopefully someone will assassinate her, thatd be fitting to someone who is unfit to lead.