Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Here Is A Nice Gem

Old 05-08-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ May 7 2006, 11:42 PM)
i think redz is thinkin of that NRG guy

Yup. EuroNRG was ONE of his names here.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=165

QUOTE (Mad_john @ May 8 2006, 01:48 AM)
nice "FAKE" intercooler WTF is that

I know. Why?!?!?

QUOTE (Whiplash @ May 8 2006, 10:16 AM)
I saw/met the guy twice. Once was at HS, and the second time he was in some car show that came to Windsor. He was a nice guy. I know hes been trying to sell the car for awhile now.

Yeah, I think that's why I thought he was a prick. He was selling, then not selling, then selling, then not selling again. Not all here, mostly at HP.com . And everything he wanted to sell he wanted like 2 times more than it was worth NEW.

Oh yeah, and he wanted to sell all this stuff, but wouldn't ship outside of Canada for any reason at all.

QUOTE (Rixshark @ May 8 2006, 10:50 AM)
I still talk to him from time to time, he just wants to get rid of it so that he can get something a little more family oriented, much like everyone else when the time comes.

As for whether or not he's an asshole, he's far from it.

Not 'Everyone' does that, and I disagree with it from the start. Start giving up on your hobbies and such and you'll either be bitter, or bored off your ass. If you can't afford to have 2 cars, how the hell can you afford a kid?

And as for being an asshole. He wasn't ALWAYS one, but that's just a matter of opinion. he was a good guy on our site for the most part. But if you are trying to make the RD a big thing, wouldn't you be a bigger part of the only site dedicated to your car?

Hmm...
Old 05-08-2006, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Its not that he can't afford 2 cars, because they have 2 as it is. But with a new baby, and just buying a house, the time isn't there to enjoy it, or do anything with it in general.

I know a lot of people who give up or part out their cars when they have a kid or go to buy a house. It doesn't mean that he can't afford it, its just means they can afford more with it out of the way.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

The type of person he is is besides the point. It doesn't matter whether he's a good guy or an ahole. Bottom line is he claims that $45,000 is invested in a car that isn't even turboed. Unless he has MAD cash invested in ICE I doubt that he does.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

kinda funny look at the under the hood pic and check out where the intercooler IS going, tube right where WAI is, hahha, so... you get cold air on it right?!?!?!?