Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Headers/catback Dilemma

Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already bought a catback, and plan to purchase headers. I'm wondering if this will void the factory 100k mile warranty, or if something that's covered breaks or whatever, they'll blame it on that and then I'm not covered by the warranty? So do I wait until after 100k and the warranty is over anyways...? Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

well as jongtr said.. 'i wiped my ass with my 100k warranty' or something along those lines..

that will probably void the warranty, but i would say screw it and do it anyway..

and for headers, if you want them to sound good, dont get the OBX, ssautochrome, or whatever brand they are being called these days.. go with maintec or system upgrade...

they will all give you about the same power upgrade, but the cheap ones will sound like shit..
Old 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I believe it will only void the warranty as far as it pertains to your exhaust and things like that, but of course if your tie rod breaks in two they will try and say it has something to do with your exhaust but you just gotta know how to yell and make a scene so they'll just shut up and fix it.

Personally i wouldnt worry about it, but me, jon, nate, and a bunch of others did, in fact, wipe our asses with our warranty, so you should take that into consideration wink1.gif
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what!?!?!?! you mean I had a warranty?!?!?!? laugh.gif
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

You know that the warranty only goes up to 100k if you are the original owner, and bought the car brand new, right?

I would guess that the warranty will still cover everything, just not anything related to the exhaust. Meaning if your transmission dies, they will still replace it. But if you get a "danger to manifold" warning, and your floor boards fall out (since that would be exhaust manifold related), they will not help you.