Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fun With A Fishtank. .

Old 10-31-2006, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a 55gal fishtank and was taking some random pics, plus I installed an HID kit in my jackstand-racer.

BTW that HOW-TO in the tech section.... Dont even bother cause it dont work! the relay harness is needed. Atleast in my kit from thexenonstore.com..
Old 10-31-2006, 05:38 PM

my cats would love your fishy's wink1.gif

and im in love with the HID's.

and i spy my old teggy in the back ground. hells yea!!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

im getting tired of telling people that relay harnesses are worthless useless bunches of wires and a relay that are sold only to get you to spend more money. sad.gif
Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 AM

^^ Well then I guess I just bought the only kit that wont work without it?

Not to mention the same kit on a monte carlo wouldnt work without the harness either.
I dont see a company wasting there money to include it if its not necessary.

Come wire my kit up without it and tell me if it works.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:23 AM

im a witness to what he says, when we followed the HOW TO: on here, the lights didnt work, plain and simple. at first he thought he got a bunk set of HID;s. but then he wired up the relay, and they worked great.

so his set definitly needed the relay. there was no way around that. maybe the cheaper no name sets work without a relay..
Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

That's a nice Oscar. Wait til he gets big enough to do some damage. Those are the most playful fish I've experienced. They know who you are and settle down with strangers, but will jump out of the water to play with your fingers if he knows you. lmao.gif
I used to feed mine feeder goldfish all the time. But it made him too aggressive, so I stopped.

QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Oct 31 2006, 06:38 PM)
my cats would love your fishy's wink1.gif

And my fish would love your cat! He's over 2 feet long and eats hotdogs in one bite. He has lots of teeth.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Nov 1 2006, 07:23 AM)
im a witness to what he says, when we followed the HOW TO: on here, the lights didnt work, plain and simple. at first he thought he got a bunk set of HID;s. but then he wired up the relay, and they worked great.

so his set definitly needed the relay. there was no way around that. maybe the cheaper no name sets work without a relay..

i checked out the store. those kits have seperate ignitors and ballasts. what you had to hook up was teh ignitor, not relays. most hid kits out now have the ballasts and ignitor built into one box. its a cleaner install.

a relay is just a simple switch. it doesnt do anything funky to a signal. anything you can turn on with a relay you can turn on without one just be hooking it up directly to power.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (pile_of_rd1 @ Oct 31 2006, 05:25 PM)
BTW that HOW-TO in the tech section.... Dont even bother cause it dont work! the relay harness is needed. Atleast in my kit from thexenonstore.com..

I have to agree with Tibby01 here. We've got like 50 members or so that have installed the HID's with the instructions that Majiktib DIY'd for us. They all have worked fine.

I want the all in one kit, so there's not that much more shit in my engine bay.