Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Official Baseball Playoffs Thread 2006

Old 10-06-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

The Tigers just whoopped on the Yankees 6-0!!!!!!!!!!! WHHOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
series Tigers 2, Yankees 1
He77 yea!!!!!!!!!!
sorry i just wanted to let that out.. lol GO DETROIT!! drillsergeant.gif fing02.gif hail.gif
Old 10-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I keep hoping my Dodgers are gonna win.... doubtful sad.gif
Old 10-06-2006, 09:36 PM

never lose faith bro! i havent after 19 years lol
Old 10-06-2006, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry I dont want Detroit to win, I want the Yankees to do it. I havent ever seen them play in the World Series (I became a bball fan only a year and a half ago) though I know they have.

I know Detroit hasnt gotten into the series in a long time, but Im a Yankee fan so Im going to be rooting for my team.

Today was the worst game ever..the yanks got too hyped up and sucked. Detroit wooped us.

mad.gif
Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

World series? getting a little ahead of yourself eh?

Rogers had a good game, the yankees werent really all there, and you assume this one game means its going to be smooth sailing toward a WS appearance?

calm down, theres alot of baseball left.

If the yankees cant get their heads out of their ass tomarrow they still have to get through the A's, who are far from slumping.

This gets out of hand and ill close it.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:11 PM

QUOTE (SwiftTiburon @ Oct 6 2006, 09:45 PM)
Sorry I dont want Detroit to win, I want the Yankees to do it. I havent ever seen them play in the World Series (I became a bball fan only a year and a half ago) though I know they have.

I know Detroit hasnt gotten into the series in a long time, but Im a Yankee fan so Im going to be rooting for my team.

Today was the worst game ever..the yanks got too hyped up and sucked. Detroit wooped us.

mad.gif

Hey man to each his own, lol. But i am just glad that after 23 years of being a fan the Tigers finally got something right.
Now i never said it was going to be smooth sailing and im sorry if i stepped on your toes alex, but i am excited and have every right to be. The Tigers have earned this trip fair and square and now everyone should be taking them seriously. I just had to get that out of my system as for the first series we have been in was against New York, everyone pretty much discredited what the Tigers have done all season and put us away. Well we definitely are not sitting on the porch. Tonight i believe we have stood up and proved that, yes, Detroit can play with the BIG dogs lol.
Just my 2 cents
Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I consider the playoffs to be part of the SERIES... just one step towards being champions.

Dodgers haven't won it since 1988... they seem to trade off all of their decent players (Shawn Green, Piazza, Sheffield, Mondesi)... it'll only be a matter of months before they get rid of Nomar and J.D. Drew
Old 10-07-2006, 08:39 AM

i agree. good luck with the dodgers
Old 10-07-2006, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I was pretty ticked the twins lost... If anyone watched those games, we pretty much outplayed the As in every game, then managed to make one completey retarded mistake each game that threw it away. It just sucked to see em go down like that. 02.gif

I also want detroit to win, not that im a detroit fan, more of an anti-yankee fan haha. They have had success year after year after year, Id like to see some "less fortunate" teams in the world series champ. game. The other thing i dont like bout the yankees is the fact that no price is too high... they get who they want no matter what. they dont build a team, they buy it. The yankees spent $200million to lets say... the twins or the As 60mil. must be rough cool.gif

heres a list of team salaries: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nyy
Old 10-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

shyt forget the yanks.. they are always in the playoffs.. its amazing to see detroit win over 10% of their games.. hope they at least make it to the series... woot GO TIGERS.. i havent been to a game in a few years, but even though they always suxored, it was fun to watch, lol..