Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Forum behaviour - Flames or personal not allowed

Old 01-27-2005, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum behaviour - Flames or personal not allowed

Hi, I just wanted to get everyones attention on this matter.
I am not a moderator, so I think this would be considered just as a theme proposed by one member and not as a rule enforcement thread.

I have been reading / participating in Hyundai forums since year 2000 if I'm not wrong, before here my main activity was on TeamSR and when they decided to make it a "paying members only" forum I went to HyundaiAftermarket.com (old). There, and here at RD.com I have known some very interesitng people, kind, always willing to share knowledge with others for free, and with solid moral values.

Now, I see a lot of new members, and some not that new, that come into this forums and imho don't understand what these kind of forums are about. We come here to discuss Hyundais, and in the way we make friends, and we talk and share. We don't want to share your personal emotions about one or two members, and why you like them or find them disgusting.

To try a search on a post with a very interesting title and then find a significative amount of post in which members flame each other is not interesting, please don't forget your anger will go away, but your post will remain for other to read years after...

So guys, let's behave as grownups, try to keep focus on discussions (I am talking about the Performance SubForums specially) and keep our flames and anger for just Off Topics, or better yet, if you find someones post offensive REPORT IT and the great guys running the forums will solve the problems, done, no one else has to know about it.

Well, just wanted to share this thoughts with you... of course if you don't agree you're welcome to post your thoughts in a civilized way...
Old 01-27-2005, 08:22 AM

Good thoughts. I agree but sometimes people can get very heated when they are stuck in their own opinion. Sometimes those heated thoughts get out of conrtol but everyone that I have seen (and participated in : ) have been taken care of quickly either by those members understanding each other better or a MOD steping in. Either way I think for the most part these forums run great and I think that is just as much due to the Mod's as to the quality of our members.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I do agree, just recently I have been searching and with more info, as the old site is now integrated, I have found a surplus of helpful tips and ideas. But on the other hand I have been discouraged to see that some threads have ended in a non-response or unfinished answer due to someone's "opinion" I think that the job of policing this behaviour has been improved upon since the changeover and that the site is doing very well with it's current administrators and moderators.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:58 AM

Good words. Unfortuneatly, as long as they're different personalities and opinions, there will be times when people get into it. I know I did earlier and I apologize to everybody and anyone who got upset about it. The mods do a great job of handling this site and there are not very many spats here and, on the most part (with very few exceptions), everybody gets along.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

Very well said! smile.gif

I think WRC's sig sums it all up for the Mods and Admins! :drillserg
Old 01-27-2005, 09:12 AM

Thanks Hob. I thought so too, thats why I chose to get rid of the REDZ quote.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yes children, this is why the warnings are flowing like water now.

They aren't all worth a TON, but you will definately feel the pain after a short banning.

The thing is guys, we are a COMMUNITY, we will act like one.

:drillserg

Especially all you youngun's.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:47 PM

Amen to that Redz. headbang.gif
Old 01-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Yeah.... Totally agree... we are a comunity.... The Fellowship of the Hyundai... LoL.... I'm glad to be part of this....

RedZman... Nice hat!!! I like that pic
Old 01-27-2005, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I totally agree... we (I included...) have littered a few posts with some information that really isn't needed... though I never insulted anyone or spoke bad of someone directly. But I probably do deserve the two warnings I have gotten...