Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Everyday Annoyances...

Old 07-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I've been meaning to start this thread for awhile now. I have some things that just bug me and have no one to tell, so I wanted to see what bugs you. I may have to post some more because some have slipped my mind.

ATM Machines at gas stations - I cannot stand how when you get money out of these they typically play the tune "Your in the Money". Like you won the lottery or a slot machine or something. Besides that, it sends a message to the entire store "This guy just took out money, let's jump him!".

Bull Balls - Those ones that people buy and hang from their bumper. To me it is just tacky to have those there. They have now been banned from being displayed on Air Force bases, so an idiot around here wrapped a wal-mart bag around his. I guess he removes it when he get's off base...

Need to list more later, I am drawing a blank....
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

what bugs me?

people calling my work and asking me to check recalls...........on there dodge

i work for nissan

look in the dam phone book tough guy!!
Old 07-20-2005, 12:02 PM

at work when i build an end display and people take from the bottom supports and not from the top mad.gif wtf ppl, we put extra on top for you to take from
Old 07-20-2005, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lol java, ours is slightly similiar. at national city they recently switched from the pad that was hard to reach in the drive through to now their is a touch screen which is impossible to use with out pulling up as close as you can and opening the door abit. why they heck couldn't they have just kept the keypad??

edit: oh and the bull balls things is pretty retarded too, it's like saying hey, look at me, i'm a redneck! or what about those people who put like 10 of those magnetic ribbons on their cars? like they are trying to prove how patriotic they are!
Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 PM

The person that you are behind in the left hand turning lane relizes that the arrow has been green and turns in time for you to get the red light. Happens to me every freakin day.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:42 PM

I have to say I have never been assaulted by either singing ATMs or bullballs on any cars around here. My biggest beef with people, at least while driving, stems from two things people do that are a serious safety hazard.

One is music so loud I cannot hear the stereo in my own car.. thank you very much, I hope you enjoy hearing while you can. Those hearing aids will look good on you when you are 30.

The other is aimed mostly at Pennsylvania drivers. I lived there, I know they have this one bad habit.. they like to stop at the ends of an onramp and check to make sure nothing is coming.

This is not aimed at ALL PA drivers.. just that minority that is a real safety issue. Coming from NJ where going with the traffic flow is important.. and you need to be up to the speedlimit by the time you hit traffic.. I have almost rear ended several people who did this.

There is nothing more annoying to be accelerating, glance over your shoulder for traffic, seeing none, and then looking ahead again (takes two seconds tops) and finding out that the car ahead of you has stopped to look while you have accelerated to 70mph....
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM

The one thing that really bugs the hell outta me is when ppl call into my work and think they know everything. I work in tech support fixing computers and such and these ppl will call in and say they have done EVERYTHING under the sun to fix it and nothing works so they want a new one or demand someone to come to thier house to fix it. 9 times outta 10 all i have to do is reboot the machine and it works fine. Maybe reinstall some software and they wont listen to me cuz they feel they are TOO IMPORTANT (ie. Lawyer Doctor etc...) to sit on the phone. Those types of ppl erk my nerves more than anything.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

^^ I used to get that when I was working at Best Buy. Along the same lines, I hate it when people have a little computer experience and act like they are all that. I recently attended a seminar at the local university where they try to get you to attend the MCSE classes. The classes are fine, but they take alot of time and only guarantee you pass the first two tests. There was a guy in there that has been working with computers for four years and I knew he was going to be a problem for anyone that signed onto the class. I have a freind that is in the class with that guy and he said the first day while the instructor was teaching that moron was going into remote management and rebooting peoples computers along with other deviant things we did in junior high computer classes.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM

well right about now i'd have to say my number 1 annoyance is that someone gave out my cell phone number as a real estate number or something because like 2-3 times a day i get calls on my cell phone about people wanting to see a house. lmao.gif mad.gif
Old 07-20-2005, 03:32 PM

I too work in a inbound tech support center. One that drives me batty and sad to say is that I have had people actually think that the CD draw is a coffee cup holder!!!!!!!!!!