Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Down to 3 choices

Old 11-15-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi from Russia!

Evo > STi, I <3 the 4g63t, it might not be more power stock but it has more potential. Plus its easier to tune and the engine is ALOT easier to work on. The STi has a boxer engine.. its not an I4 its like a square.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: canadianshark's new ride

Alot of people say that Stangs have reliablity issues but much of this is unfair criticism. I had a 5.0 and beat the hell out of the motor (I lost track after 60 races) and it performed like a champ and never had any problems with the car. There were alot of idiots who did manage to screw up their motor and their cars by how they drove/raced it. Most people buy Stangs to haul ass and most end up racing and/or tunning the car. What I'm trying to say is that alot of problems reported to Ford about the Stangs are from DRIVERS abusing the car. It's hard to say if the car is not well built OR if it just a vicitm of a bunch of unresponsible drivers who buy them.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Hi from Russia!

Always be careful with the first model year of a new body style. Shit always goes wrong. Nothing big but just little things. I say STi. They just look soooo extremely hot at a stand still. As for the EVO I have a friend of a friend that bought a new lancer (EVO not avail. here) and had it for 2 weeks, took it back and they've had it for about a month. I think it was a tranny problem. kept slipping out of gear, or something.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Stupid Question

yeah but there is no way you can base an Evo against a lancer. Especially a tranny problem because its a totally different drivetrain. Its like comparing a tiburon to an accent
Old 11-15-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: canadianshark's new ride

the problems with the stangs came when they got rid of what worked best. they went to the 4.6. they tried dohc in a v8 and that worked out like shit for them. The rear end gears can't handle much torque. if you give it to much it will whine. the intake is made of plastic and frequently cracked. the suspension was lack luster best. the springs were junk as well as the shocks. i really doubpt that they made this one better then last one. plus the interior just dosen't look that good. if you thinking about a stang look at the new pontiac gto or a few years old vette. it you want a 4 cyl get the evo!!! that is one bad ass car!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Early Stages of my latest project

QUOTE (Dweet)
Evo > STi, I <3 the 4g63t, it might not be more power stock but it has more potential. Plus its easier to tune and the engine is ALOT easier to work on. The STi has a boxer engine.. its not an I4 its like a square.

I was going to say go with the evo, I just love them. sure it's .1 second slower but when it's steering is better and I'm sure the power would be easy to make up for. plus I just love the look of the evo more. but again I've not driven either and I'm sure you'd be happy with either.

mustang = ...not sure the new ones look nice but...

in 6 months everyone will have one and well thats the reason I think alot of us bought tibs, not many people had em laugh.gif
Old 11-15-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Stupid Question

I like the fact that Mitsu and Hyundai have similar parts

so EVO
Old 11-15-2004, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

For me I'd say go the Evo. Between the Sti & Evo I think performance, cost, reliability are fairly =, so it's more of a personal choice which 1.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

I would go with the STi myself.. I like it's frumpy looks.. and if you debadge it and excise the wing.. nobody needs to know it is not a run of the mill WRX
Old 11-15-2004, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: rims help.. opinions

QUOTE (solo-baric)
if you thinking about a stang look at the new pontiac gto or a few years old vette. it you want a 4 cyl get the evo!!! that is one bad ass car!

two cars I've already eliminated.

The GTO, is a limited production (like 15000) 3 model year car based on an Australian chassis. Then GM is doing a reassesment of the model, either to cancel or rework from the ground up. Which means in 5 years parts are going to be rare, expensive and hard to get. Interior was less than pleasant, though the seat was comfortable. The weirdly positioned gas tank meant no truck passthru. The 05 upgrade to 400hp LS2, limited slip, 6 speed manual and a few other "fixes" to the 03-04 model are nice but on 235 tires, you can't get the power on the ground to get the 2 ton (dry weight 3790) car moving. All around a poor choice for me.

Vettes....don't fit in 'em. bonk my head on the roof, even in the Z06s. Less than adequate sholder room and small footwell mean I feel squished. Definately inadequate luggage space. Not the car for me.

By all the reviews, Ford has made adequate progress addressing the suspension shortfalls of previous years. I know what you guys mean about the first model year, and that's definately in the "con" column. I like the idea of there being 100,000 mustangs...let there be one in every garage...it means OEM and aftermarket parts are cheap and plentiful. Last thing I want to get into is another car like the Tiburon....no aftermarket and even OEM parts are limited choices and often expensive. Don't get me wrong, I like my Tib but, OY! with the parts already.