Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Definition of an Intake Manifold

Old 03-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Definition of an Intake Manifold

SCC's description of an intake manifold from this month's issue:

Intake Manifold: a notoriously unreliable engine part often subject to catastrophic failure, usually in conjunction with diamond-plate floorboards

*lol* lol
Old 03-10-2003, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to sound like an idiot but that IS making fun of fast&furious is it not? That's seriously the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in ANY movie only because the writer/director was trying to make that realistic and an understandable thing to happen. He should have done a little bit more research before even touching that project. He should have like hired a council of street racers to flat out tell him "That's okay...All right, that's stupid" and that crap never would have been in the movie. My favorite line in that movie had to have been Vin Diesel "Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like ya should." You do realize what that means. Pre Syncro mesh you can double clutch the crap out of a car and it will help you go faster but today's day in age we have this great invention called syncro mesh. Double clutching a car with syncro mesh is actually VERY bad for it. And for God's sake...it was so obvious that he was a cop! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh yes ranting feels good.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Yeah Russ, I wondered why they didn't make the movie any different... oh yeah the fact that the way they did it made a farking lump sum of money. Yeah, for that much money I'd make a movie about how Honda's Rule.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:00 AM

Hey, maybe if we can start getting all the ricers to double clutch they'll start blowing transmissions every few months, and Koreans will get some respect smile.gif
Old 03-13-2003, 11:35 AM

Hey it's all good...we all can't have 7 speed manuals like that eclipse did in the movie...watch the part where paul walker is in the parking lot 'topping out' at 150mph...he shifts 7 times...(6 shifts on the shifter on camera then the 7th shift while the camera is following the car) he must be double clutching with his synchro mesh dog engagement automatic variable valve timing transmission (with intelligence). lol hey it would've made more sense to to put Type R VTEK graphics. suicide

[ March 13, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 03-14-2003, 07:37 AM

or VTech stickers