Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Could we add another forum?

Old 12-31-2002, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could we add another forum?

Although new to this board, I find it to be informative and something I'd recommend to other Hyundai owners. It's nice to see people who don't automatically say, "Hyundais are worse than X car". But something is missing...

If you look at various car boards such as http://www.s2ki.comS2ki.com they have a racing forum, be it for the track or the street.
Racing stories are always enjoyed whether true or probable bull***t.

So how about it? Could we have a "kills" forum?
I've had cool wins both on and off the track -and- admit to having my *** handed to me more often than not.

~alex
Old 12-31-2002, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

As much as a race forum would be cool, I feel that it would cause way too much controversy and there would be flames brought about. That's something we do not allow on this forum, and we try to stear people away from flames or by having flames started. If you want to discuss this a little more, then please contact the board administrator (Random@hyundaiaftermarket.com) and discuss this with him. wink smile.gif
Old 12-31-2002, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Several people have asked about it.

To put it simply. NO

#1. To many bogus claims about beating Mclaren F1's with their autogragic 2.4L santa fe.
#2. To many trolls coming over from other boards to dispute "kills" or to brag about the "hun-dies" they killed
#3. This site does not promote or condone street racing. If you wanna brag, send me a time slip that not only proves how fast you are, but that you did it legally and safely at a track.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi alex. any chance you can post any technical or performance info about your beta swap? who did it, how long ago, how the tranny is holding up, info on the upgraded syncros, 1/4 mile or g-tech times, the paxton s/c plans, etc. thanks.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

99mini...please do not hijack threads. if you have questions like that, email or PM Alex directly. Anyway, since Random has pretty much explained why there won't be a forum like that created, this topic doesn't need to go on. Topic locked.... wink

[ January 01, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Visionz ]