Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Charity Work?

Old 12-04-2003, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Just thought I would start a discussion on charity work. Do you do any charity work? Just during the holidays, or all year? What have you done?

Me personally, I like to help others. So far I have done habitat for humanity, special olympics, meals on wheels, and I collected clothes for a local mens shelter. I think my favorite thing was when I helped out the European Summer Special Olympics, there were athletes from all over Europe. It was a blast!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:12 PM

I have helped with a few things here and there.. my favorite was building a playground!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Cool, that would be fun to do.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:40 PM

It was... I forget what it is actually called now.. but it started off as a promotional thing the radio station I worked for was doing.. Raising funds for them to get the work done and helping to get people to come out. I had off for the rest of the afternoon, so I stuck around afterwards... and then came back the next day and the next...

There is nothing like the feeling you get from hard work done right.. especially when done for somebody else as a gift!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:06 AM

Not much this year, just helped gather clothes for The Other Place (a homeless shelter in the area) and took new backpacks packed with essentials and some toys and went around the city and gave them to homeless women/children.