Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Brought The Tib On Vaca

Old 07-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, this early afternoon I arrived at the beach in the Tib!=]

It was a fun ride over here, only took about an hour and a half. Averaged like 80 or so.

The auto Tib is definitely not the greatest highway car because of it's short gears, yet at open throttle after tolls it's STILL slow off the line.tongue.gif

I just wanted to see if there's anything I should keep in mind while I'm staying at my shore house.

Do you think it'd be a good idea to wash my car often to prevent the salt from the air staying on my paint?

Bahh, everyone so rich around here. Saw the Viper SRT-10, and a Ferrari 360 Spyder on the same street. A few RD Tibs, too.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:09 PM

What beach did you go to? I just got back from VB like 2 weeks ago. so many hot chicks, such a big ball and chain attached to my leg.
it was like 50,000 hour ride too. try that with 6 kids under 10 in the back. fark my eye is still twiching from all the stress.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 AM

Yeah, what beach are you at? I have a feeling you're in Jersey. wink1.gif Around the shores, everyone IS rich. They live on or by the water, what did you expect? Haha. A generic 2 or 3 bedroom ranch is going for about $500,000+ in Jersey. One of my best friends... his parents have great jobs and his dad owns his own business. They got 2 Hummers, a Viper, an Escalade, a Trans Am, and wave runners... all with a house on the bay that looks out over Seaside Heights.

Whenever I drive on the highway, my Tib actually takes way the Hell off compared to the other cars, and I have an auto. I just have really great pickup, no matter what the weather.

I live near the shore and always drive my Tib down to the beach/boardwalk. I really don't think the salty air is going to hurt it at all. You don't need to bother washing it. It's not going to affect your paint over a period of a few days/weeks/months at all. The air around here is very salty and when it rains or gets foggy, you smell the sality ocean. My Tib is still perfect as the day it rolled off the lot.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:06 AM

Having lived less than a quarter mile from the atlantic Ocean here in NJ (ocean city to be exact) A brief vacation to the salt infested shore will not hurt your car in the least. I do suggest a compleate washing when you get back.. including taking it to a carwash and spraying the underside to get the salt and sand out of the suspension.