Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bloodsimple Cd

Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm by far not a metalhead of any sort, but I used to skateboard and was into Limp Bizkit, Orgy, KoRn when they first came out before they spoiled out. Besides listening to good progressive trance 99% my day, I have only two favorite metal bands I like. Orgy who made "Blue Monday" and "Stitches", but since they broke up long ago and it's not worth living in the past looking forward to something that doesn't have a future, the second band I like is Bloodsimple ex. Vision of Disorder under Chad Gray's Mudvayne label. Southbound is an excellent song:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WyuU0wSxeok
New CD is out today! Oct. 30th. you can listen to the whole cd: http://www.myspace.com/bloodsimple

It's alright, not their fullest potential, definitely not historic like Deftones, but they do have some interesting songs if you're ever in a bad mood.

So far my favorite track is Truth (Thicker Than Water).
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

dont know why but i dont like em. overall there pretty bland of a metal band if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:42 AM

yeah, they're pretty bland, great talented performers but i still think Pop is the best kind of like Orgy used to be (synth pop) or New Order, Depeche Mode, Howard Jones...

I didn't like "A Cruel World" much, but of the whole CD I loved about 4 songs on there. This one I just like one, and it's still not their fullest. I was hoping for them to go mainstream and show the world the best record ever, but they came up with something just sort of plain like you hear a song once and you won't want to play it a second time.

this type of music drive some people nuts.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

when it comes to metal i listen to like devil driver, lamb of god, in flames. stuff like that. but im more if an indie/screamo guy, especially my local scene.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 AM

yeah I'm really familiar with that. Silverstein, bayside, atreyu, thrice, hopesfall, coheed, q& not u. my sister listens to all that. I dunno, I never liked that kind of music because most of it sounds alike and the bands dress alike. They are some talented guys though.

I never heard of a really good metal band though. My own summer is probably still the best example, and I've just been waiting to hear that right sound.

Have you seen the Orgy videos for Stitches? its probably the coolest song and video up to date. I mean they dress so unique and awesome. When I saw orgy at my university during MTV campus invasion 1999, the orgy guys were so visually awesome it just added to the experience. Nowadays bands just wear the same clothes and it just gets boring seeing them all scruffy looking like they just woke up wearing clothes from the thrift store.

I dunno, none of these numetal bands areanything revolutionary. They are good, just not enough for my standards, bloodsimple barely slip through the crack of my door as well.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I don't have much time to find new stuff anymore but I've been listen to atreyu since they were giving out free downloads on one of the garage band freebie sites years ago. Lately I've been pretty much just listening to the new foo's cd and radio.