Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What Should I Do

Old 10-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

alright as most of you know my tib was totally last saterday and is really only good for a couple parts. i just bought my new tib, its a 97 black 5 speed but is only a 1.8. im not trying tobe the fastest tib on here but im not sure if the 1.8 should go. the 1.8 has 136xxx miles my 2.0 from my other car has 115xxx miles, theres a 98 engine in my local junkyard that only have 67xxx and is a 2.0, befor i spend money on the 1.8L engine i want to know. should i sell both my engines and buy the junkyard one? get the one from my car put in? or just keep the 1.8 and mod that? anyone know the acual power difference from the 1.8 to the 2.0? thanks guys and i will post pics of my new car in the genral showroom once i get it towed to my house

o edit also the car jump starts but the alt. and belt are junk can i take those from my 99 2.0 and put them in? same set up and all? thanks again
Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yep take your '99 alternator and belt and throw it on. congrats on the new car. keep the same engine. 1.8's are good engines, there's no difference just 8 horsepower less and more economy. car in europe is a 1.4L and is just as fast as my car haha!!

sell the old car to a junker so they can rebuld it. also, find the jerko who hit you man!!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 AM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

i should get my engine rebuilt or buy theres with the money from mine? how much is it usually to get a motor swap?