Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

The Best Handcleaner Period.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok i know, odd topic, me talking up a hand cleaner. For those of you who dont get your hands dirty doing your own work you probably dont care, but for those of you who hate how hard it is to get your hands really clean after 9hrs of being greasy, youll love this stuff.

Me and my best friend are what we like to call, "clean mechanics"... we will work on cars and get all scummy but if we have to leave the garage to go to the store or something we sure as hell arent wearing our garage clothes and we make sure we dont have any grease left on us or anything, so if you see us at the store, you wouldnt even know we had been working on cars all day.

We accomplish this with a ton of gojo and goop, but theres always those black lines in the cracks of your hands that you can only get out with a shit-load of scrubbing with a brillo pad like abrasive. After a few days in a row of this type of abuse your hands will get sensitive and most likely bleed, And if you busted a knuckle your not scrubbing it unless your a fiend for pain, not to mention the gojo and goop dries your hands out pretty well.

Selina always told me how her dad (mechanic) always came home with his hands looking like he has an office job, i figured he just wore gloves or something. Anyways when i was in jersey a few weeks ago her dad gives me this hand cleaner, and says its the best hand cleaner you can find.

He was right. This stuff is the shit, i come in with my hands black from grease, oil, rust, etc and i use a palm ful, rub a bit, rinse it off, and my hands look like i never went to work on cars, even if you look upclose. shit ill even include a pic of my hand fresh from the garage, after cleaning.

Its called Kresto, its industrial extra heavy duty hand cleaner. Idk any stores you can get it, but ive got 2liters of it so im good for a while. Heres a pic

My hand...

Just thought id share, the number on the bottle is 1-800-334-0242 if anybody wants to find out how to get some.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL, you deff got girlie hands.. good stuff. Maybe I'll think about getting some when my current no-name hand cleaner is used up.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

just about every auto-soap ive ever tried works good.

goop, gojo, whatever.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned

shyt, i have this stuff from snap on.. works soo freakin awesome.. and this stuff from murrays, thats ok, but the snap on stuff is great..
Old 11-10-2006, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Dude gojo with pumice in it works fine for me. And goop is decent too, lol but when that runs out I might give that stuff a try.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm a Fast Orange guy myself, it works amazingly and I like the smell a lot.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

If you can't get that Tide or Ariel will do a good work too wink1.gif
Old 11-11-2006, 04:39 AM

I like my Green Apple Palmolive. cool.gif
Old 11-11-2006, 05:04 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

IDK about laundry detergent i havent tried that before. But dish detergent, goop, gojo, etc are all absolete when it comes to this stuff.

The thing about gojo and such is that you need to really really rub to get the stuff in the cracks of your hand, and you dont with this stuff.

I mean, your hands are pitch black, and you put this on it and rub your hands like your casually washing your hands after you go to the bathroom, ten seconds later, rinse and its all gone. That picture of my hand was only after using one palmful.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The best stuff hands down is Gojo Fast Wipes. No water is needed, these things are awesome.

Part Number 6298-04 if you are in the military and want some for your shop shoot me a PM and I will give you the NSN.

http://www.gojo.com/product/product.asp?productid=22