Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Baseball Season

Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Baseball Season

Anyone excited for it? I dont go to many games (mostly minor league ones around here), but they're making a big thing about it now in the news about opening day. As for pro league, I'm a Mets fan....but they tend to suck every year now, so oh well. I'm sure the Yankees will kick ass again this year, like they do every year. tongue.gif
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Baseball is as interesting to watch as curling.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

haha...I absolutely cant watch it on tv, unless I'm at a bar or something. But I could sit and watch it in person any day, mainly because I love to sit there and make fun of people. tongue.gif
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

QUOTE(Visionz @ Apr 8 2009, 12:46 PM)
Anyone excited for it? I dont go to many games (mostly minor league ones around here), but they're making a big thing about it now in the news about opening day. As for pro league, I'm a Mets fan....but they tend to suck every year now, so oh well. I'm sure the Yankees will kick ass again this year, like they do every year. tongue.gif

Your complaining about the Mets beind bad, dont laugh but im a big Pirates fan. Im 18 and I dont think they have a had a winning year since i was born. And about the Yankees, they wont be as good as people think. Yeah they spent over $200 million in free agents but outside of pitching they too old and want produce enough runs.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Baseball is the slowest game ever to watch on TV. I've never been to a pro game in person and I'm sure it's better than on TV, but watching amateur baseball in person is equally boring to on TV for me. It's the only popular sport that I really don't understand the appeal. Even if I don't care for the other sports I can at least understand why people enjoy it. Baseball just seems so lame...like not even a sport really. More of a game. Sure it's an athletic game, but only slightly and for very short bursts.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

Love baseball!!! It's pretty much the only sport I'll watch/play. Phillies fan since I was 5. I like the Pirates as well but haven't payed much attention to them since Andy VanSlyke played years ago.