Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

auto modellista

Old 03-28-2003, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ridge Racer does have good tunes, but being like myself and enjoying a variety of different music...NOTHING beats sega GT2002 or APEX for the xbox when you make up your own soundtrack. THe one good thing about the xbox. Just wish more games had the option.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:22 AM

you guys are making me regret trading in my ps2 for an xbox. beat_dow i used to spend hours with gt3 (i would own you all wink ). however, i now have sega gt 2k2 for xbox, and it's ALMOST as good at gt3. i'd say it's 80% as good. umm, i might just buy another ps2 for gt3 and gt4 when it comes out. oh, and halflife on ps2, :drooling: but i must say that i think sony could have put a little more power and features in the ps2. i mean, xbox comes with a hd and network card. fyou_hap
Old 03-29-2003, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehhh, I have yet to be impressed by any of the "Realistic" racing games. None of them are REAL enough in my opinion. Besides, before I get hard into them, I'm gonna have to get a steeringwheel controller anyways.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:56 PM

REDZMAN:
Ehhh, I have yet to be impressed by any of the "Realistic" racing games. None of them are REAL enough in my opinion.
Dude, we are talking VIDEO GAMES. How REAL does it have to be to be entertaining and impressive? what_the
Old 03-29-2003, 02:18 PM

i'll tell ya something about steering wheel controllers. i bought the gt3 steering wheel. guess what? it sucked with gt3, but it made f1 2001 the best game ever...even more fun than gt3. the problem was gt3's speed-sensitive steering and some other physics engine problems.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:39 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I never liked goofy wheels with my video games. I guess because I was using a controller for driving before I was actually driving. I would probably do better with a controller in my Tib than a wheel.

It's not extremely realistic, but the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series is very fun to play. I wish they would make an online version of that!
Old 03-30-2003, 04:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hootie, I'm not saying there aren't good racing games, but so many of them seem like your spending your whole time on the walls or weaving around because the physics suck.

I remember Road Rash, that was a fun series. And I remember playing Wipeout (I love those, inluding Quantum Redshift) for hours, and the Need for Speed series.

Just not as into these new ones that everyone else goes ga ga for.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:37 PM

you guys oughta ditch those silly games boxes and use your PC.

the driving games on the PC are far superior with a force feedback
wheel.

Try Papyrus Grand Prix Legends, awesome game
or any of the Nascar Racing Season games, v4 or 2002/2003 seasons.

you wont find better simulated feedback anywhere else, the
physics engines are unbelievable.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:42 AM

bryfx:
Papyrus Grand Prix Legends, awesome game....
you wont find better simulated feedback anywhere else, the
physics engines are unbelievable.
I must agree that Grand Prix Legends although old, has one of the best force feedback algorithims out there.

I think though everyone is missing the point.
The main purpose of a video game/system is to provide entertainment. If it doesn't deliever etnertainment, it fails.

GT3 entertains VERY well, due to it's comprehensive driving physics, vast car population/tunability and looks damn good even if it isn't antialiased as well as more things.

Automodellista, well entertained my eyes and well, thats it. Everytime i look at this game i say to myself "damn, i gotta give it another try!", but when i pick up the controller it takes a nose dive. The handling characteristics are very UNENTERTAINING probably due to the higher standards i'm used to (GT3, RR5, Apex, Sega GT2k2, etc.) If Automodellista had better driving physics, i'd by a PS2 for this game but that small yet MAJOR detail is what kills it. It's SUCH a pitty 'cause i could use a game like it. suicide
Old 03-31-2003, 08:01 AM

this is semi-off-topic....but I picked up V-Rally 3 for xbox today. So far its my fav. rally. Much fun....very good control.