Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

April Fools Proves Very Foolish

Old 04-01-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I don't even know how to say much, this is horrible. I just visited the paint shop today to drop my car off tomorrow to get wet. We finished discussing everything around 5:30. I was on my way home from the paint shop and came to a stop sign with a big Dodge Ram Laramie in front of me. I gave him plenty of space between us as we were both in the left turning lane and would have to stop and wait for traffic to clear. I was easily a car length behind the guy. He all of sudden decides he was to eager or wanted to turn around or something and started reversing. Before I knew it a car space distance was gone and the dodge's hitch was eating the radiator...I can't describe much more but no witnesses and I have no clue what will happen insurance wise. I only have coverage for other vehicles on the road, not mine because my insurance rate is skyrocketed due to a DUI from 6 years ago. The cop new there was no way I could have ran into the guy and even gave the guy a hard time when he lied and said I ran into him. She cited no one. This scares me because I won't know if his insurance will pay for it for a little while and I know mine won't. The guy did try to bribe me or payh without police interaction but I told him it was near 2 grand and he looked at me as if he thought 200. I know I can fix it cheap (maybe $400-600) but I just spent a year getting it to this point...I'm so f***in pissed. SO much to think about when you wreck. I know I don't want to go to work tomorrow but I will even if I don't sleep tonight. I was so close to being finished on the looks and had a lot of plans for this cars performance. I do not think I will give up on her. This will be her third life with me.

This is what my car looked like 6 hours ago.

These are the pictures of the accident, I went photo happy for insurance purposes.

Notice how there are no tire brake marks cause I was at a complete stop With my foot on the brake.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

thats messed up man... drillsergeant.gif
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

wow man ouch im sorrry to hear that
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Dude that sucks. I have a license to punch people in the face, you wanna borrow it?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

all i know is pictures neer lie... theres no brake lines and you can see the skid mark direction under your sideskirt in the one pic. looks like you are covered under his insurance tongue.gif
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 PM

dude it looks just like my car lol, I know it sucks bad. I have been dealing with insurance people for too long now. If you rear ended him he would atleast have a mark on his truck and skid marks into his truck. Stock hood from the dealer ran 320 I believe and radiator was idk how much, check your compressor to just to be on the safe side espically if his insurance is covering it.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Man, it should be illegal to have the ball hitch/reciever on a vehicle if it's not being used. I see them trash so many cars that would have had minor damage before.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow, such damage on your car, but not a scratch on his... Yikes.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 PM

yea man if its his falt and you have his info for insurance call up his company and explain to them what happened, give them the police report number and start the process as soon as possible, these insurance companies take forever. you will have to call back like every day if you want your car fixed fast.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow man, I'm so sorry...