Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

April 15th -Tax Day- Dropped Off 1/2" Stack of Paperwork!

Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default April 15th -Tax Day- Dropped Off 1/2" Stack of Paperwork!

The background history statement form is 58 pages long, plus a small pile of supporting documentation they want, just to let you get started in the application process. They opened it up on the 1st, and by the 15th of the month all the slots are full. Two weeks to fill up TWO classes at the Austin Police Academy starting in 2012. Today was the last day. I got the last thing I needed in the mail on Wednesday, called yesterday and they told me today was the last day, and I missed an hour off the beginning of my shift to go deliver it all.

This thread would have been posted last year, but I broke a toe and wouldn't have been able to do the physical testing (me --> <-- reality)
Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Not exactly sure what the paperwork was for? You starting police academy?

But I mainly wanted to say how much I LOVE that emoticon, especially with your labels!! Made me LOL.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

You win the booby prize!

I successfully made application to be allowed to take a battery of tests to see if I make the cut to go to the Academy. The investigator lady must have got hot on the case on Friday, as I got the letter in the mail today. Testing is in November. IF I pass the physical & psych testing (wish me luck ) then sometime in Spring or Fall 2012 I start a new day job training to become a COP.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Stocker --->

Where's the chuck norris emote??
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.......

I just found out that, in addition to the regular physical requirements for which I already had prepared myself, on the second day of the academy there is an additional requirement:

Jogging - for an HOUR. This is possibly my least favorite thing in the whole world to do, and now I'm going to have to spend an hour and a half every day doing it (there are THREE running requirements).
Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Come down to houston this weekend. I know of a three mile track that is close to the university. That time will go by quick!.. great scenery!!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

You mean the scenery will go by quick... oh wait, a JOGGING track. Yeah, then it is slow.

I'm Pretty sure I'm not going for it after all, and after all the effort I've already gone to just to get to this point in the process. Long, possibly-amusing anecdote here.