Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: What do you support
pro life
16.67%
pro choice
83.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Abortion

Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Abortion

Had a big debate last night with some people about this topic. I support pro choice because i wouldnt want someone telling me what i can and cant do with my body if i was a woman. i do think its wrong for women to keep having unprotected sex and then abort fetuses like they were nothing over and over again. I support it because i know mistakes can happen and sometimes people are not ready to have kids or if a woman is raped and ends up pregnant she should have the ability to make the decision to get rid of the kid. What do you all think?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm undecided. it's a touchy subject that to me is inconclusive. i know a few girls who have gone through it. it's irresponsible, and messed up but you can't explain what someone can or can not do with their own bodies.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Tib

im pro choice. my current gf had one when she was younger. she wasnt ready and she was on the pill and took precautions but things happen and she ended up pregnant. she was just starting college at the time and couldnt take care of a kid. she made the right decision because she would of had to drop out of school for awhile and she wouldnt have the great job she has today.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i was worried this would be a touchy subject but i think we can handle this one, don't prove me wrong HA!

also pro-choice, i don't think anyone should really be able to tell you what you can and can't do with your body which is also my opinion on drugs and suicide. As long as it is a responsible and educated decision, it's your body and your life, go for it.

basically everything the OP said. And i said i don't know anyone who has had one but i forgot, one of my friends had one and for everyone's sake i'm glad she did, just wasn't ready and it would have ruined her life, she's a civil engineer now, doubt that would have happened haha
Old 02-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

Im pro-life. I dont think abortions should be used as birth control, I think if a young girl gets pregnant she, and he, should live up to it and be parents or let someone adopt the baby. But I think if a women was raped and got pregnant that way, a abortion would be ok.

I think there should be a study done to the psychological effects of abortions, short term and long term, on the people affected by it (There may be one already I dont know).
Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm pro choice.

I'm all for people having the ability to have an abortion. I don't support it or think they're a good thing, but I think it should be an option because I do support people's option to make that decision for themselves.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

im watching this thread like a hawk.....
Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

lol Did you subscribe?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Pro-Limited-Choice
Old 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

Pro-choice because of all the above reasons listed by other pro choice people. every time you have an abortion the uterus gains scar tissue. abortions can lead to complications down the road with intended pregnancies. i would only do it if i was raped. i also use two forms of protection for this reason.