Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex ? please help

Old 08-16-2001, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex ? please help

Hey guys I've finally saved up enough $ to buy my zex system so I call to place the order and I notice on the website that the application list only covers 97-99 tibs so just to be safe i asked the techsupport guy he said they never tested it on a 00 and they probably wont because the next model comes out ext year . What he did tell me is that if the car has a fuel regulator on the rail it wpuld work but i looking for somebody that actually has it . So any TSR member with a 2k or above and has the zex system your input would be appreciated. rolleyes.gif
Old 08-16-2001, 06:48 AM

: http://community.webshots.com/user/eriksmacks
there some pics of my install, I might have more. The wire you tap into on my 2k tib was the one closest to the engine, out of the three. But you'll still need to test for voltage. The kit is fun, but you go through the bottle to damn fast.
Hope this helps.
P.S. I'm not always a dick smile.gif
Old 08-16-2001, 07:04 AM

Hey Fishy ,

I know that I never said that you were always a dick anyway. Just that sometimes not everybody has the same definition of mods. Anyway thanx for the 411
did you do the install yourself have it installed and have there been any problems at all ? Hate to press the point but when it comes to my engine I'm very picky
Old 08-16-2001, 07:16 AM

OK, I did the install myself I ran into a few little problems actually one big one. I cut into the fuel line like I did on my acura's nos system. It made the system wet and drive which flooded the engine. It took like 3 days to dry out. So make sure you don't do anything with the fuel lines. Other than that it was easy. I had to send the unit back once to get the switch replaced that went bad. it should take you 3 or so hours to install the kit. Mont the bottle run the lines under the car and through the sub frame, wire it up mont the kit the do the tests and such as the instructions say. The instructions are really not the best, if you have a problem or any little question call zex and ask for Joey he helped me out big time.
Erik
Old 08-17-2001, 06:38 AM

So Fishy, you are running your Zex system with no other engine mods whatsoever?
If so, thanks, if not, what mods did you do to your engine to make it "Zex Worthy"?
Old 08-17-2001, 06:56 AM

I'm running the 55 shot no problems with only onther mod being cai, which has nothing to do with th Nitrous. It's fun, I'm looking into bumping up the shot to 75 with a few engine mods. I'm playing with a few ideas right now. I'll keep everyone posted.
Erik
Old 08-17-2001, 03:46 PM

What kind of runs are you pulling with the ZEX and CAI?
Old 08-18-2001, 04:27 AM

with out the juice 16.1 was my best, with the juice I ran a 14.7 still a little dissapointing. I wish someone made a GODD turbo kit that is good for a daily driver type car!
Erik
Old 08-18-2001, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Smthnfishy:
I wish someone made a GODD turbo kit that is good for a daily driver type car!

For the price, and for what you get, the Alpine kit is good. You could build a better system if you were doing it yourself, but you can always "upgrade" parts down the road. It was the install of mine that they screwed up so horribly. I would have been better off to do it myself.
Old 08-18-2001, 05:40 AM

Random, are you happy with the kit now? Is it worth getting and having it installed by a someone with Turbo experience?
What problems have you had with the kit?
Erik