Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

What Is Necessary To Know About Nos?

Old 05-08-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read in some topic about suggestions of performance, and some of us, tell him to get a NoS kit, i didnt want to ask there because it wasn´t my topic.

But I really want to know opinions about the guys who has NoS installed in their cars and people who knows about this.

I´m considering buy a nitrous system, but I dont want to fire my car up because lack of knowledge.

I have seen a couple of videos where a car start to burn the engine, and i heard that this is some problem with nitrous. but what could happen the fire? some wrong installation? some wrong use?

and what is the cares to have with the wet system?

thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

With a wet nitrous system, there are a few things to keep an eye on.

- Bottle pressure.... probably the most neglected of them all. You should normally keep the bottle around 900-1000PSI, what most manfacturers recommend. If it gets too hot/cold, it will change the amount of shot you are injecting. That means you'll either put too much fuel in with the nitrous and bog it down, or put too little and run lean. Thats a no-no.

- Proper fueling is very important. You have to tee off the fuel line perfectly, and you have to keep your injectors, fuel pump, and the rest of your fuel system in tip-top shape. 99% of blown nitrous engines come from some failure in the fuel system, not because of the actual nitrous itself.

- Window switch. If you hit the rev limiter while using nitrous, the ECU automatically cuts off the fuel. Which means your still injecting nitrous, but your not putting in any fuel. Very bad. Window switches do two things. Keep you from activating the nitrous too early and ripping your drivetrain to pieces, and keeping you from having nitrous activated if you do hit the rev limiter.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:15 AM

ok, but the window switch is something special for that? or is some normal switch?

where could I find this kind of switch? some place but not ebay.

thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 AM

Bleh.... I guess if you search the 'net you can find one other than ebay, everyone I known has bought them from there.

It works in conjunction with your nitrous system's WOT switch to turn on your nitrous at a specific RPM, and turn it off at a specific RPM during use.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:48 AM

i will look but that is the actually name? window switch? or has an specific name.

thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Yep... might be kind of hard to look for, I can see you pulling up fifty pages of information on window switches for windows...
Old 05-08-2005, 08:58 PM

Dont want to hijack but im just curious where is the rev limiter on our cars?

Edit-Cancel that question. Definately should have searched
Old 05-09-2005, 06:28 PM

Moving this...