Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Question about bottle heaters

Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby
Default Question about bottle heaters

Im thinking about going on the bottle but I only want to do a small shot (50 or 60). With that small of a shot, will I need a bottle heater to maintain constant pressure or will I be ok without it? I would probably get a gauge to tell me what the pressure is in the bottle.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent GS

I had a Zex wet kit and used a bottler heater and a gauge to make sure I had the correct bottle pressure. So when the time was right I was ready to flip that switch and hit that gas pedal. I would get one to be on the safe side. Would not want to blow your motor.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Well not running a bottle heater will not make you blow you motor lol, All it does is give you the ability to control the bottle pressure as you use nitrous, with out a bottle heater as you use the nitrous obviously the Psi in the bottle will drop, which if you are running a 50 or 60 shot, then obviously with presure drop you get less of a shot, with a bottle heater you can run the very last pound of nitrous out of the bottle and run that last pound out of the bottle at 900psi and still get the full effect of the 50 or 60 shot. So spend the extra 150 dollars and get a bottle heater. Zex has a really cool one, that has abuilt in regulator and doesnt need to have a huge ugly relay hanging around and doesnt need to have a attachment to the nitrous in line like most others do. Plus it is like 160 dollars! So buy one.