Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nx nitro express kit on tibby

Old 08-01-2002, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx nitro express kit on tibby

nitro expreess makes a kit that they clam can shot from 35-75 on a stock car and not damage it
do u think this is possible
Old 08-01-2002, 06:59 AM

Last time I checked, Zex can shoot about 55 shot at stock and have no probs but if ya run rich/lean ...BOOM! Safest bet....Venom my friend. As for NX...beats me..never thought about using it. Do a search on nitrous and you'll get a ton of info. The Zex is the easy stuff, the Venom is the safer of the two but it costs more. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, i like constructive critisism.
X
Old 08-01-2002, 07:02 AM

yup its possible
we have an NX expert here... hopefully he will read this

venom is safer... i know by experience

lol
I made sure i put that 02 safety switch to use
lol

If you just want a 55 shot... a used zex kit will be fine for you

[ August 01, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 08-01-2002, 08:36 AM

I am no nitrous expert, but ... there is no fail-proof nitrous kit. Not Zex, not NX, not Venom. They all have tha capability to do damage to your car no matter what hi-tech gadgetry they use to may you feel safe about it.

I am a wholesaler for ZEX, NOS, NX, JG Edelbrock, and Venom. I have access to Nitrous Works but I do not sell it. In the 18 months I have been with the company, I have not sold a single Venom kit. I have sold only a handful of JG. I have lost count on how many other kits I have sold between NOS, NX, and Zex, but their popularity goes in that order.

All this digital crap is a gimmick to get you to buy IMHO. You will do just fine buying an NOS, or any other. Be smart about using it, that is what it comes down to.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Yes, the electronics do not make them 100% safe, but safer than certain other applications. And yes, any induction modification to your car has potential to do damage.
If they wanted a gimmick to make people buy, they would just scrap all that technology and lower the cost of a basic bottle/solenoid/hose/switch kit.
But it's true, it comes down to how much you know and what you do with it. You could get the best venom kit and screw up the install.

a 75 shot is pushing it... The highest I'm running is a 65, that's with intake, header, cat, exhaust, cold plugs. Still using the stock fuel pump... it seems to be doing well enough.

[ August 01, 2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Josh ]
Old 08-01-2002, 09:18 AM

In regards to Digitals' post Venom as far as I know, have only a handful of hyundai running it. Zex, NX, NOS I'm sure have more due to the fact they've been around a lot longer. The digital stuff being a gimmick, however I dont agree with.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:31 AM

No nitrous is fool proof there is still that dumb ass that doesn't know what he is doing and screws it up. Its hard to feel sorry for those people. To get peak effectivness you have to know how it works and how to calibrate a system to reach the peak. I would go with Nitrous Express, I have used it for quite a few years and not the other Fisher Price designed systems out there.

[ August 01, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: HRD_Tiburon ]
Old 08-01-2002, 12:17 PM

if i have a stock tibby with no mods but a random special cai how high of shot u thikn i could pull outta my ass? think i could get a 65 or should i stick with a 55
Old 08-01-2002, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

55 would be the best for an almost stock engine. Be sure to change to colder plugs.. they shouldn't run more than $10. With a little more engine work, you could go up to 65.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:33 PM

im not a nitrous expert myself... but i do have experience

*The reason venom doesnt sell that much,... is because its the most expensive... most people dont know that you can get the kit for just a 100 bucks more.... most people are familiar with the advanced kit with "digital crap" which includes a progressive setup which is controlled through a computer

*digital crap?
lol
cmon on now... until youve had experience with it, i suggest you dont comment on it

i got dynos to PROVE the venom kit does shut itself when it senses lean conditions...
what do you have to prove its a gimmick?

* why only a handful have it?
ummmm venom barely started making the kits for hyundais like what 2-3 months ago?
How do i know? i was the first one

* nitrous isnt full proof... i can put the highest nozzle venom has... and at one point it will hurt my engine IF you go to the extreme.
i went slightly over the limit... and gladly the venom caught it. I wasnt so lucky with the ZEX kit... i knew how it worked and i thought i had everything tight... i even bent the fuel regulator a bit tightening the fuel line.... did it work? NOPE, the fuel line sucked itself right out like the 20th time in use.
Venom will catch the problem (under proper conditions) and shut itself once it senses lean conditions OR it will just pulse the injectors more. If you jump to the extreme the UNNAPROPRIATE way, then by the time the venom kit detects a lean condition, you have already substained some engine damage. Luckily the venom kit will shut itself off preventing more damage from occuring inside your engine. If you do things the proper way, you will never run into this... once your at your limit (while spraying), you will notice the flickering between rich and lean,... this will let you know your pushing your limits. To remedy it you step a nozzle down.
With the zex... many say a 65 shot is ok... IS IT REALLY? How do we know if we are running at the limits? We dont... and we wont, until someone goes to a dyno and finds out
Till then, save yourself a dyno and get the venom kit.

rolleyes.gif

[ August 02, 2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]