Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nx nitro express kit on tibby

Old 08-04-2002, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only concern I have with the a/f shut off switch is that

IF the nitrous was tuned correctly on initial installation with a wide band... the only time you will go into the danger range resulting in a/f modulated shut off... is when you have a catastrophic failure... fuel line failure, fuel pump failure, injector failure, nitrous/fuel solenoid failure... I'm afraid that it will be too late. The damage would have already been done. The a/f switch MIGHT save you but it is definately not a sure thing.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:16 PM

yes SCCA your the NX expert here wink
as far as the fuel pressure switch.. that would be cool

The venom does rely on the pressure, it just works the hell out of your injectors

either kit will benefit you...
but cheuk is right though... if something terribly wrong happens BYE BYE engine... This is most like to occur with ZEX or NOS... thats why i only recommend them for 55 shots, maybe 65

just dont spray while rally racing or anything

tongue.gif
youll be fine with either venom or NX
Old 08-12-2002, 04:44 PM

He is? I thought that was me? Been either selling or installing the kits for about 4 years now.

Any nitrous system is safe to use as long as the right measures are taken. Sure you can get away with just a basic kit, but you run into tuning issues in different conditions. Without a bottle heater, nitrous powered cars are usually slow at night than during the day and run slowly on cool days during the early spring, winter and fall months of the year. So a bottle heater is a good investemnt. NX just happen to make the best one.

For new users I would suggest a few things that more experenced users might not need or have a use for.

On stick/manual cars I would look into a MSD "Windows" RPM swtich or if you want to get a little fancy Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind. The Jacobs contains a nitrous rev-limiter and the MSD swtich can be used as one. The Jacobs also has a progressive control unit built-in. Very effective unit, though quality control varies with each unit.

With any nitrous kit I would install a fuel pressure safety swtich. I have installed them many times and I know plenty of people that haven't used them ever, but like I said for the novice that's just getting into it I would highly recommend one. Better safe than sorry.

A Nitrous pressure gauge either bottle mounted or pilar mounted is a good idea. Helps keep tuning in check.

Other than that I would recommend a company that has a full line of kits and accessories. That really only leaves four companies -

NX

NOS

ZEX

Compucar

Every last one of them offers what I feel is the most important tuning aid with nitrous - Bottle heater.

I like and sell NX because their nozzles use less nitrous overall to get the job done and also have various nozzles for different apps which is helpful if upgrading and their solnoids carry a lifetime warranty and are much bigger than what NOS, The Nitrous Works, Top Gun or Compucar give you (good up to 300hp).

In testing and in use they have produced the best results also.

If anybody is interested in a NX kit or system let me know