Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Nitrous and turbo question. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/nitrous-turbo-question-21845/)

OdessitPashka 10-13-2004 10:35 AM

Re: Nitrous and turbo question.

I guess I will have to be the 1st one to find out. I will get wideband so I can see my a/f ratios

JonGTR 10-15-2004 08:00 AM

Re: Carbon fiber hood weigh difference?

Dweet, those things are jets.

Nitrous is a complete fuel/air delivery system. It will add fuel and air on its own and the MAF will never see that extra air (nitrous) being sent. Therefore, if you are maxed out with the MAF, you can still add air/fuel on top of it with a wet system.

OdessitPashka 10-15-2004 08:03 AM

RABBIT!

would there be enough fuel that I can add after MAF is maxed out, or is it all just up to my setup? I think if I will have a walboro255 I should be fine smile.gif

Jaws021 10-15-2004 08:45 AM

Re: grinding in second

i would only use a direct port on this setup

go 2 nozzles richer and dyno it

OdessitPashka 10-15-2004 08:58 AM

you think regural wet setup might cause some damage?

TibRacer01 10-15-2004 09:18 AM

Re: Finally picked a goal....

I don't think that anything but direct port is reccomended with Nitrous.

Dweet 10-15-2004 09:34 AM

Re: RABBIT!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dweet, those things are jets.

Nitrous is a complete fuel/air delivery system. It will add fuel and air on its own and the MAF will never see that extra air (nitrous) being sent. Therefore, if you are maxed out with the MAF, you can still add air/fuel on top of it with a wet system.</div>
yeah jets.. i remembered that a little after i posted, just had a brainfart, but I agree with jaws the only way id do this is direct port or else you run the risk of leaning out a cylinder because a regular NX wet kit doesnt evenly distribute the fuel into each cylinder

OdessitPashka 10-15-2004 10:05 AM

Re: rear bumpers

so how do people add 75hp safely with their wet kits and do not blow up?

silvertibbs 10-15-2004 10:16 AM

I think cause the MAF can still adjust. When it's maxed out I think it's maxed out. It is incapable of guessing the amount of fuel so it would just send no fuel IMO

Dweet 10-15-2004 10:25 AM

Re: Finally picked a goal....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'>so how do people add 75hp safely with their wet kits and do not blow up?</div>
the O2 sensor can sense how lean your car is running and the ECU can add fuel accordingly. The fuel solenoid is just a crutch or safety net if you want to call it.