Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous System..

Old 05-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Most stock fuel pumps can flow around 90PSI at max output. The stock Tib fuel pump flows 35-45PSI at WOT... there is plenty of room to bump it up.

And the FPR does not have to be set at high setting all the time... you think the FPR in the nitrous kits stays on all the time? Or I'm sure a RRFPR could be made to work.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:18 PM

so just FRP, right?. ok, I´ll try make a decision and see what happen.

thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 08:23 PM

QUOTE (hamhead @ May 3 2005, 05:26 PM)
Most stock fuel pumps can flow around 90PSI at max output. The stock Tib fuel pump flows 35-45PSI at WOT... there is plenty of room to bump it up.

And the FPR does not have to be set at high setting all the time... you think the FPR in the nitrous kits stays on all the time? Or I'm sure a RRFPR could be made to work.

and the pump will last how long with those numbers? a month or two?

You gonna go and adjust your FPR every time you want to use nitrous? rolleyes.gif

RRFPR? Where are you gonna get pressure above atmospheric to make it rise the fuel pressure???

Sharkev, get a 190lph fuel pump and it's gonna be all you need!

Ask away, we got answers here man!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:32 PM

Dry kits bump up pressure using a fuel pressure regulator. Thats how more fuel is forced through the injectors to accomodate the nitrous. I'm sure you know that. There are plenty of people that have been running dry 50-70 shots for months and months (even for a year or two) now with no problems related to the fuel pump here.

Of course if your going to run a much larger shot a large amount of the time, I would recommend getting a Walboro 190. He is a newbie to nitrous though, it takes a while to learn the system and get comfortable enough to bump up the shot to where he would get to that point, if he ever does. BTW, I have seen RRFPR's modified to work with nitrous, how I do not know. I'll try and find out for ya.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:34 PM

he might as well then get a dry kit if you recommend getting him a FPR. I say get 190lph pump and you will be safe and won't be wasting gas!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:10 AM

That exactly what I dont want to do, Waste a lot of gas.

190lph fuel pump, is the most reseanable, I dont want to change the pressure of the rail every time I want to race, I dont know when I have to race.lol

thanks evryone, and after what RPM is the better time to use this nitrous?

and the WET system is the hardest system to install, but if you guys says is the safest, what can I do, right? lol

ok, so I just need the fuel pump and the system right?, but I couldn´t find the price of Dweet´s system.

smile.gif
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you dont want the nitrous activating at any other spot than WOT because you could lean out and blow your engine up. this is because you are still adding the same amount of n20(more importantly, oxygen) from the nitrous system, with a less amount of fuel, due to the ecu not sending enough if you are at, say 80% throttle.

just thought id clear that up for him.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 PM

The fuel pump is not constantly adding more fuel with a dry kit... I dunno where you got that from. When it senses nitrous activation it bumps up the fuel pressure to feed more fuel through the injectors. Your gas mileage isn't going to go down simply from having a nitrous-based FPR installed.

Tibby01 is right... with a wet kit, your best bet is WOT, and once you hit second gear. Spraying 1st gear with a large shot is probably too much stress on the drivetrain.... your already putting down tons of torque do to gearing.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:27 PM

I would not spray below 3800-3900rpms.

Wet kit is not hard to isntall. All you gotta do is cut the fuel line and run a line to another solenoid.

Ham, he's not getting a dry kit, so he does not need the FPR! Stop confusing him!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:11 PM

ok.. so just the pump, and start to using it after the 4000k rpms, right?

my car is auto, what other thing I should know about this?

thanks evryone, I have evertyhing clear! tongue.gif