Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nitrous racing opinions

Old 04-19-2002, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default nitrous racing opinions

Ok heres my question. I have the headers and the exhaust done on my car and i plan on doing the intake. That pretty much ends my simple bolt on tuning to the engine. I really don't care to bore the im or get the throttle body so thus the reason i say that it ends it. This leaves me at my 125 and up hp to the wheels. Anyway to get to the point i can get the nitrous and increase my hp on demand but the group of friends i hang out with say that nitrous would be cheating.

What are your opinions on the subject of nitrous in races against cars without nitrous.

Is it fair to use on comparable hp cars? Also is it fair to use on cars with more hp than you? Is it cheating since the other guy doesn't have it?

Thanks for any opinions or comments. I'm just trying to prove a point to some friends and wanted to get your opinions on the argument.

ps. If this belongs in off topic or something i apologize
Old 04-19-2002, 04:44 AM

random, onpol, and others have a turbo and i dont
so they are cheating tongue.gif

nitrous is not cheating

Your friends are just being little ******* rolleyes.gif

i use nitrous

No one tells me i cheat,...
People just whine cause they are slower than you
So if you have headers and they dont,... does that mean your cheating too???

You add nitrous and you go and smoke them
Old 04-19-2002, 04:48 AM

Nitrous is NOT cheating, it's a mod just like any other. Is a turbo cheating, how about a supercharger the answer is NO they are not. All three basicaly work in the same way, they put more oxygen into the combustion chamber allowing you to burm more fuel creating a higher cylinder pressure causing more power. Your freind's call it cheating cause they know when you get it you will be smoking them all day long. Nitrous is a good and safe mod as long as you know how to use it and it is installed properly. The reason I went with nitrous is because it is easy to remove in case I need to get some warranty work done, the dealer had no clue that it was even there. wink
Old 04-19-2002, 04:51 AM

the group of friends i hang out with say that nitrous would be cheating.
I'm sure that they think its only unfair because THEY don't have it. Nitrous is just as legitamate as any other mod to your car. Not everyone can afford to go all out on buying turbos or superchargers...or just don't want to get that involved since it will kill your warranty...Nitrous dry kits are easy to take out before going for services and stuff...

I think they're just jealous...

hell if they think it is so unfair, then just tell them to get it too!