Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous question....

Old 10-04-2004, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What to do!?!?!?

ok... right now my car is stock i have a 01 tiburon. i reciently went to a car show and believe it or not my dad won me a complete Nitrous system made by nitrous express. what im looking to know is when should i hook this system up?? Im saving up now for a turbo kit for my car so should i install the nitrous kit after the turbo kit is installed? like i said my car is stock and im almost positive i cant run nitrous on a stock car. what should i do? and what am i going to need to do this stuff?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:04 PM

you can run up to 75 extra hp with your kit on stock engine with just colder plugs! but you dont really need nitous when u have turbo, you could just simply raise boost instead of spaying! just sell the kit!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Nitrous question....

Dude, if you have a free nitrous kit..either sell it or intall it...you can sell it and use the money towards your turbo..BUT if you used the nitrous...and used it wisely and don't accidentally blow up your engine..you can make some good power..Lucky dog..
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

if you are 100% sure you are going to boost then sell the kit and use it for the turbo money. however, if you are going to spray get a 95-99 GST fuel pump and colder plugs and you are good to go
Old 10-04-2004, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

yea ... beleive me when my dad walked up to me and handed me the nitrous box i was in shock... i mean literally lol. so now im just trying to decide what to do with this nitrous kit. i plan on eventaully racing my car at car show on drag strips and stuff like that. but i still want to be able to drive it every day. Im getting a turbo kit for sure so i guess i just need to know how much this nitrous kit will help me after i get my turbo... i mean alot of people who drag race spray i think... but if you are boosting then you cant spray too?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM

if you have a huge turbo you will need nitrous to spool it up, and once again you can just raise boost and it will be the same power!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Re: Wanting to run 10-12 sec 1/4's what to do ?

It depends on how far you are wanting to go with power. If you're willing to change the pistons and maybe rods, then you could use the nitrous to get off the line in your 10-11 sec drag car. If you are not willing to modify the internals, then you don't need it.