Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Having a problem with the 60 shot!!!

Old 03-19-2003, 09:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Having a problem with the 60 shot!!!

The 60 shot jets are #39N and #22F.
I am running a stock fuel system with most other things being stock. When I run a 35 or 50 shot, the car runs great, but I've been having problems running a 60 shot. It takes off like a bat outta hell and is VERY smooth from first through third gear, but when I hit fourth and fifth gears, it hesitates like a mofo. Even my A/F meter fluctuates. This would lead me to conclude that there is something wrong with the fueling. Maybe I'm leaning out at that time on the stock fuel system?? That is all I can figure, **BUT** what would that have to do with gearing or 4th and 5th gears?? Why only those gears??
Old 03-20-2003, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent

You are probably leaning out!!! Install your Walbro fuel pump and do not keep the juice flowing for more than 15 seconds at a time...you might fry a piston if you do not upgrade your pump....if you don`t, just spray a 50 shot and you will be safer and that`s not mentionning putting heat spots on your flywheel if you let it slip to much on a 60 shot!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:46 PM

Forgot to mention....put colder spark plugs if you use more than a 50 shot and it will greatly help your engine...i use Ngk iridium myself and they are 1 range colder, i had no problem with my 75 shot(Zex kit) and i upgraded my fuel pump for a 255 lph walbro as weel as a stage 2 clutch from Key Motorsports...if you go over a 50 shot you should seriously consider upgrading like i did...better be safer than sorry! Good luck man!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Thanks for the input.
I thought that I might have been leaning out too but it's only in fourth and fifth gear though which is weird. I'm gonna install the walbro I have and check again. I'm already running NGK V-powers at one range colder and put in octane booster when I spray the 60 shot. I'm thinking of putting in plugs that are two ranges colder for a 60, just to make sure.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:51 PM

Well it`s a good decision and i`m sure you won`t regret it....it`s an easy job to do and you will only have to modify the pump assembly slightly to install it...a little cut where the inlet is situated and a good tie wrap to secure your pump so it does not move around is all you have to do!About the spark plugs it is a good idea to go 2 degrees colder if you run coper one`s as you indicated....and as far as the fuel is concerned, i run with 94 Octane and i haven`t have any problems but to more the merryer! I just hope you have not damaged your pistons by running lean! Let us know how it goes after installing your pump! Good luck man! smile.gif
Old 03-23-2003, 05:20 PM

your leaning out... the faster you go, the more fuel youll need