Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Fuel Pressure Regulator/NOS

Old 09-13-2001, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator/NOS

Does anybody know how many pounds of pressure the fuel regulator in a 1999 2.0L Hyundai Tiburon is? I am putting in a 55 shot of NOS and I don't wanna screw up my engine. For the time being I plan on getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a larger fuel pump and an Air/Fuel Ration gauge so I can see if I am running to rich or to lean. Can somebody please give me some advice. I have heard that you can runn a 55 shot of NOS on a stock system in a tiburon, but I don't wanna screw up anything. Thanks
Old 09-13-2001, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I believe it is 40 or 45 psi is stock Fuel Pressure.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:57 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock pressure is 44.3psi, or exactly 3 bar.

A larger fuel pump is fine and dandy, but unless you're doing a wet injection setup, you will want a high PRESSURE fuel pump. A large fuel pump such as an Eclipse GSX/GST setup will flow significantly more fuel, but will max out at the same pressure that our stock unit will (read: 60psi or thereabouts)

You need more actual fuel pressure to get the stock injectors to spray more than they want, thus you need a pump that can deal with high pressures. A "bigger" pump isn't necessarily going to cover that, you need to ensure your new pump can deal with high pressure as well.

Just wanted to interject that FYI...

-Red-