Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Confused on Remote Bottle Opener

Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon
Default Confused on Remote Bottle Opener

Ok, I understand how a RBO works but what I don't understand is once I turn the toggle off will the bottle close? Or do I have to remove the unit and close it my self? If so, Could I run two toggle switches and reverse the polarity on one causing the electric motor to run in reverse thus closing the bottle???

Please help me out I don't want to buy a RBO if they only open the bottle I need it to do both!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

There are two types of openers... The NX style actually spins the valve on top of your bottle. Yes, t opens and closes the bottle. The second type is the NOS type. It's basically a large volume solenoid. This style, you leave the valve open all the time. The solenoid opens to allow nitrous to flow and closes to shut it off. I prefer the NX style.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow... Thought you were talking about opening a bottle of beer or something. Was very curious why you'd want a remote opener for that, and how in the world it could work and what the purpose would possibly be.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

My dad used to have a remote opener.... "Hey, go grab dad a beer".