Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Reading Plugs

Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 Elantra
Default Reading Plugs

I've been told that the only real way to tell what your motor is doing while spraying is to pull your plugs after a run.

My question then would be, for a nitrous newb what exactly are you looking for on the plugs? What do certain things mean? Example if plug X looks like blah then what does that mean? Whats going on in the motor?

I think pics would be helpful. Maybe we can make this a stickie.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by mobthunder
I've been told that the only real way to tell what your motor is doing while spraying is to pull your plugs after a run.

My question then would be, for a nitrous newb what exactly are you looking for on the plugs? What do certain things mean? Example if plug X looks like blah then what does that mean? Whats going on in the motor?

I think pics would be helpful. Maybe we can make this a stickie.

Put new plugs in, drive 10 miles like a bat outta hell, take the plugs out... this is your reference... take a picture.

Spray nitrous. park your car, remove the plugs.

If the plugs are black, you're running too rich. If the plugs are white you're running too lean. They should look similar to the picture you took earlier.