Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

best nitrous system

Old 12-23-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Person Above You

what are your preferance on nitrous systems...my friend is running a NOS on his civic si and its the only no2 systems ive ever been around so I like that
Old 12-23-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Re: My latest latest project...

best is a direct port system, so unless you have $1500 to shovel out for a direct port kit, id spend about $500 for a NX Wet kit. Its what most tib users buy because its tried and true, I had it on my car for several months

more info here on the NX kit install
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...viewtopic&t=547
Old 12-23-2004, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: The Person Above You

Nitrous is a good way to go as it is fairly cheap (unless you use it all the time) and creates less wear on internals then turbos/superchargers.

NX Wet is probably the best way to go if your going for a small-medium sized shot (75 or less). I don't like the other companies such as NOS and Zex as much.

If your shooting for 100+ off of a nitrous system, then you have to go direct port. If your going for 75 with a wet kit, then to be absolutely safe, a better fuel pump is needed. Retarding the timing a little and maybe running slightly larger injectors such as 210cc, or 330cc with an S-AFC tuning them down. Getting a window switch to turn off the nitrous before you hit the rev limiter (rev limiter fuel cut + nitrous = bad) and other gauges to monitor the system are also good.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Re: NEW previously unreleased photo of Redz

QUOTE (bzplayer6)
running a NOS on his civic si

Are you sure it's not a NAWZ system? :twisted:

No j/k. I would go with the NX wet kit. I would start with a 50 shot, then go up to a 75. That is the most that the NX website reccomends on stock internals.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Tail light installation...

yea if your going wet get an nx kit, their solenoids are the best around. if your planning on going higher shot your best bet would be a direct port kit. nos make a few nice choices for that.