KFX Performance
Sponsor:    KFX Performance
R&D for your Hyundai, new parts development, Colt Cams, tuning Korean Cars for almost 10 years.
http://www.kfxperformance.com/

Kfx Performance Site Issues...

Old 12-23-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, just got off the phone with Bhurlin (Bill, called me), and he wanted to let me know what's up. The holiday slowdown gave KFX a chance to start swapping to their new storefront and to change servers. Unfortunately, the new server has said it will be up to 10 days before the IP address swap goes into effect (those familliar with the RDT Server swaps will know how this works). Until it is all fixed, Bill can't get emails at his normal address, so please email him at...

bhurlin @ kfxperformance.ca (Remove the spaces).

Those with issues pertaining to Engine Dampers, I'm contacting NRG today at Bill's request to see what the hold up is, apparently the payments to them are direct, so your items should have been in your hands already.

Feel free to post any other issues here, as there are still links to get in and order, but the main site is down for the time being. The new store will have a bunch of new items for everyone, including a few I've been testing.

Links directly to the ordering catalog to come in a minute.

http://kia-fx.netfirms.com/estore/nfoscomm...products_id=390
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Sweet. Wander what the new items are gonna be?!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Dec 23 2008, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Those with issues pertaining to Engine Dampers, I'm contacting NRG today at Bill's request to see what the hold up is, apparently the payments to them are direct, so your items should have been in your hands already.

Feel free to post any other issues here, as there are still links to get in and order, but the main site is down for the time being. The new store will have a bunch of new items for everyone, including a few I've been testing.

http://kia-fx.netfirms.com/estore/nfoscomm...products_id=390</div>

As for an issue pertaining to the engine dampers from KFX. My bro-in-law has recieved his engine damper for the new Accent like 2 or 3 weeks late he said. That's not his issue though. He says that it not even close to being able to fit. He says that he emailed pictures to Bill showing him that the engine damper is inadequate. Any info on returns or refunds? Im currently visiting my bro-in-law right now & I saw this thread you wrote a couple of days ago so I decided to reply here & possibly refer some info to him on what he may be able to do about the product he purchased.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 PM

Considering we don't make a kit for the accent...

Are you talking about this?

http://kia-fx.netfirms.com/estore/nfoscomm...products_id=369

That was installed on a Kia Spectra or Rio, I can't remember, but not an accent. Maybe they have the same engine so it was listed for that vehicle, but I've never made a test fit on a Accent.

Post all of his order information, along with the color he ordered, and a measurement from bolt hole to bolt hole. It may work in reality, but they could have sent a short damper instead of a long one.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:09 AM

Yes, he must have received a shorter damper because it doesn't reach the strut mount. He says that the new Accent has the same suspension, chassis, & engine, etc. Only difference between the 2 cars are the bodies. He said he bought the carbon fiber 1. Can he send it back to NRG or KFX where the order was placed? Can he get the 1 that fits? Or can he get his $ back?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 AM

He needs to get us his order information like I said above, then we can look at it. Same engine and all of that is fine, but different bodies mean the parts won't always line up. I'm sure we can get it fixed one way or another. I'll work on getting an accent here to work with.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:43 AM

HEY! I was just on KFX reading up about that MegaSquirt standalone &&& I looked @ the engine damper for the RD Tibby. I believe he has the damper for the Tibby but brackets for Accent. So now I couldn't even get it off of him! tongue.gif
Old 12-25-2008, 08:03 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

for one the damper is universal...its the brackets that are made to fit for clarification
Old 12-25-2008, 08:53 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Dec 25 2008, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He needs to get us his order information like I said above, then we can look at it. Same engine and all of that is fine, but different bodies mean the parts won't always line up. I'm sure we can get it fixed one way or another. I'll work on getting an accent here to work with.</div>

When i was talking about parts of the 2 cars having similarities; the engine bays are identical with ea other too. He's even using a Rio strut bar. As for his order info he said to forget about it & he'll try to contact Bill himself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Dec 25 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>for one the damper is universal...its the brackets that are made to fit for clarification</div>

The brackets fit for the Accent. I own an RD so I was saying that I won't be able to buy it off of him to use it since he has the Accent brackets with I'm guessing a RD engine damp.

UNLESS! I could get some RD brackets for cheap!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Dec 25 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>for one the damper is universal...its the brackets that are made to fit for clarification</div>

There are 2 Dampers, that's my point. There is a LONG one that is like 12 inches long, and there is the short one, which we use. The RIO used the long one.

It doesn't frigging MATTER that the cars can use the same strut bar, or other parts, it doesn't mean tht this will fit between them. You can use the same strut bar between the several different models, which even have the same engine, but the engine mounts aren't identical, and it doesn't mean that the distances to all spots are the same.

Regardless, if we haven't test fit it, it's not guaranteed to fit. Since it's not your situation, have HIM contact us. He can say "forget it", but I dont' know what he's saying "forget it" about, Bill will also ask him for his order information, and to verify the part he got. I can almost guarantee he got the short damper, but since you are unwilling to try to help the situation out, and aren't an involved party, don't bother posting about it again.