Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Sniper Tuning...an Introduction

Old 06-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey all i have been working with a company here in florida called Sniper Tuning. its been just about a year since i contacted them about doint ecu reflashes for hyundai. Unfortunetly the older 8 bit ecus are not reflashable...its just the way they designed it...however i have something that you guys/gals might like.

While at Sniper I was able to use their newest creation. Their datalogger uses a wireless DLC transmitter to your laptop via Bluetooth (if you do not have a bluetooth wifi then an antena can be used).

You can read and log all information asked for by the end user. here is an example of what the screen looks like.

It also can give you a gtech style read out of 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times. it will also give you crank HP/TQ numbers and with the calculated drag it will give you WHP. this feature is more accurate then a gtech style meter because it uses the ecu readings from all the sensors instead of g sensors.

Scantool functionality is also apart of this package. It can read and erase DTC's. It will also give you a possible diagnosis and things to look for much like the Hi-Scan and GDS that i use at work.

Retail price for the software and wireless DLC connector is $270.00

Group Buy price will be $230.00

if you are interested I'm looking for twenty people to start...granted i will be doing the same on other sites...so not all twenty have to come from here.

pleast post up if you are interested...this product will be ready when the first shipment of DLC transmitters is recieved back to Sniper. He has ordered over a 1000 pieces. This is the real deal and not a fly by night company. Pat has been programming, designing software, and tuning cars since 1989.

if you need more information about Sniper or about the product feel free to post up!!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Since you mention Hi-scan like
Will it be able to read air bag codes.
Can it things like evap leak test and activate specific sensors
Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mannyr @ Jun 13 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since you mention Hi-scan like
Will it be able to read air bag codes.
Can it things like evap leak test and activate specific sensors</div>

no it can not because there is specific coding to the airbag system....and no you can not do activiation tests with it...again that is each car specific.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Will this be able to read pre-2001 euro spec ECU's? Since Euro spec ECU's do not conform to either OBD-I or OBD-II standard but some kind of Hyundai OBD 1.5 standard. None of the scantools available on the market cannot read these ECU's except Hyundai's Hi-Scan which does not give enough information.

If yes then I might be interested fing02.gif
Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hive @ Jun 14 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Will this be able to read pre-2001 euro spec ECU's? Since Euro spec ECU's do not conform to either OBD-I or OBD-II standard but some kind of Hyundai OBD 1.5 standard. None of the scantools available on the market cannot read these ECU's except Hyundai's Hi-Scan which does not give enough information.

If yes then I might be interested fing02.gif</div>

i'm pretty positive it is obd II specific...we really dont have a way of testingit on that style of ecu because we dont have that in the US
Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

So what difference is there between this and say pcmscan, scantool.net, digimoto or any other obdII scan tool thats $99 compared to $230?

This is nothing new, programs are all out there for this. It's not Hyundai specific. It's just another scan tool that is double the price of any other program that does the same thing.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Jun 14 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So what difference is there between this and say pcmscan, scantool.net, digimoto or any other obdII scan tool thats $99 compared to $230?

This is nothing new, programs are all out there for this. It's not Hyundai specific. It's just another scan tool that is double the price of any other program that does the same thing.</div>

the added features of 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times crank hp and whp numbers. the actual datalogging copabilities with the ability to plug in any other variable...like psi,egt,afr
Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Ok, so it is like a scan tool with a g-tech built into it. Does it track your lateral g's as well?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (only1db @ Jun 14 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the added features of 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times crank hp and whp numbers. the actual datalogging copabilities with the ability to plug in any other variable...like psi,egt,afr</div>

My software can do the same thing. The 0-60 and 1/4 times are bs, and whp is bs. There are way to many factors then what a scan tool can do. But the datalogging is very good. Mine can do that too...plus graphing it vs different variables.

Anyhow, theres nothing here new you are presenting so GL with all.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:25 PM

the point is that it all works together...it uses the vehicle sensors to track an record your times and HP /TQ numbers. unlike the gtech that just uses g meters. and no it does not have a lateral g meter. however if you had an external one you could plug it into the external port.

this also boils down to userability