Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Member, Cai Question

Old 01-16-2006, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

Hey everyone, since i cant seem to post in the general performance forum, ill just post my question here smile.gif planning to get a CAI and heard quite a few people have had some good success with those ebay CAI's

but... theres just soooooo many that i cant seem to figure out which ones good/bad
http://cgi.ebay.ca/RED-98-01-HYUNDAI-TIBUR...1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.ca/97-01-HYUNDAI-TIBURON-2...1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.ca/K-N-97-98-99-01-Hyundai...ShippingPayment

now all of these sellers got good feedback but still duno what to go with, so if anyone can help me out it would be greatfull smile.gif
Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hi how about introducing yourself? its kinda a requirement before you can post anyone else
Old 01-16-2006, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, after you joined today, you may have noticed it led you to this sub forum to start a thread about yourself. The idea is you post a thread telling us about YOU and your CAR, maybe with some pictures of both, then you are allowed to post everywhere.

There's also an ANNOUNCEMENT posted in every sub forum in this site telling you that you have to do this.

Welcome to the site.

As for your question my mang, I wouldn't buy any of them at all.

The first one is assembled incorrectly, do you want to buy from someone that doesn't know your car at all?

The second and third both look like your air filter will go beneath your battery, that's not a Cold Air Intake.

They are also very cheap, in car parts, you get what you pay for. Stick with the proven and quality intakes, AEM all the way.

www.flyryde.com
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM

out of all of those, the last one seems to be the best. It has a photo of an actual hyundai engine bay (hopefully of the actual product), and it comes with a K&N filter. As for the other 2, I can't figure out exactly how they'd fit, and why there's so many tubes/pipes. My AEM clone off ebay (bought years ago) is one long piece with 3 bends and no nipples (just one hole cut out for the Air Temp Sensor).
Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ one for IAT, one for idle air bypass, and one for pcv valve. all 3 end up under your battery box unless you move your battery.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm with Phorq. I'd buy AEM, but of those 3 the last one seems best. Have you ever touched a chrome bumper of a car when it's been out in the sun all day? Those things get VERY hot. I don't imagine a CHROME Intake would keep the air cold. The heat from the engine bay would probably warm it up fast.

http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com

buy an AEM intake for the tiburon for about $200. It's worth it.

I'm leaving it in Intro's and Questions for now, since he's a new member. I want him to be able to find the thread
Old 01-16-2006, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome to RDT and go with what everyone says! AEM. I just bought mine and its the best thing ive done to my car!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

AEM. I got one I can sell you for 150 shipped. It is almost new. Small scratch where the battery tray is, cant even see it when its on. looks great and has real nice gains. pm me
Old 01-16-2006, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

Was alittle to eager for a reply to the question since i've been scouring the internet for answers to it with not all to much sucess cause everything everyone recommended as a alternative to the AEM was either not around anymore or the seller wasent found on ebay

ill get pictures up soon but im 18, bought this sexy dark blue 01 SE about 5 months ago and been loving every minute of it smile.gif cars in relativly good conditon, minor scratches on the paint here and there and no high beam on the left side tongue.gif was installing silverstars on the low beams/high beams but a friend of mine lost that little metal clip behind the lighbulb so hopefully this friend of mine can make me another one since i called about every wrecker, used part shop in the entire city and no one has the clip, only entire headlight which i dont want to spend money on cause of 1 metal clip lol

oh, that and my driver door lock seems to have stoped working a few days ago when its even remotly cold, but now im rambling tongue.gif

hey eric, check your pm smile.gif
Old 01-16-2006, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

The three ebay links you posted are not proper cold air intakes. All of them put the filter under the battery tray.

Here is an AEM knockoff that would be worth considering.

This one is a 2 piece AEM copy that might allow a little adjustment if their mandrel bends are slightly off.