Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

New Here

Old 03-20-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone! My name is Nikki from Massachusetts and I am interested in buying a used tiburon for my next car. The problem is that I am torn between the first generation and the second generation version. I like the body style of the first generation better but I am thinking that since the second generation is newer it may be more reliable and have less miles. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey. If you like the looks of the RD1 better you should get the first gen Tib. They are the same car aside from cosmetics. Just try to find one that has lower miles if your worried about that. Where in Ma. are you from?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Oh wow, you may have opened up Pandoras Box with a question like that. First off I wnat to say welcome to the site. Tell us a little more about yourself and why you wnat to buy a tiburon. Maybe even your experience with cars and what you want out of one.

You should also realize there are actaully 3 generations of Tiburons. This site is mostly made up of the first two (RD1 and RD2) and the third gen people can be found over at newtiburon.com.

I perosnally like the styling of the 1st two better than the 3rd gen, though their 6 cylinder may be more appealing to some over our 4 banger. Its all preference really, go drive one of each and see which you like driving the most. Again I personally like the the feel of a 4 banger over a 6 cylinder because I feel more in contorl of the vehicle. Happy hunting though!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Welcome! I say any RD is a good choice...lol I might just own me an RD1 one of these days. =]
Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

yes pandoras box for sure . lol. well like RR said there are three gen's, 97-99=RD1, 00-01=RD2, 03-06=GK
personally i vote for the RD2. lol. but it is your preference and welcome to the sit. let us know how you found us, and youll find this site is a wealth of info you can find nowhere else
Old 03-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

welcome to the forums man. i'd go with the bodystyle. you will appreciate the car more if you like it. personally i love the first gen because of the rally car:

i had a similar decision when it came to the tiburon vs. eclipse gs. i had a hard time deciding but secretly knew inside i knew i liked the tiburon better. then i ended up here at rdtiburon.com
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

welcome to the site

as for the RD2 vs RD1 ... i got a second gen and love it but theres always parts of the RD1 which i've always liked, if you ever plan to do any kind of body kit, the RD1 can be made to look extra nice, not a big fan of any of the kits available for the second gen.

regardless though, go with which one you like best
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM

there's upsides to both, I have an rd2 and love it, it's all about what you like
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

where in mass are you from? being that i'm the best member here (tongue.gif) and also from mass, i could help out in the search. haha...

welcome to the site wavey.gif
Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I am from Danvers, MA. I became interested in tiburons just from seeing them on the streets. They are sexy cars, very sporty but still large enough for passengers and luggage. I definitely think they turn a lot of heads. I drove my friend's tiburon and it was very fast and fun to drive. I am a little worried about how it will handle in the snow though.