Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

more advice from pros... =)

Old 07-28-2004, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ABQ BBQ - Planning Phase...

Ive done alot of reading... 8O as was sugested... i checked out other sites, stores, and alot of posts regarding different ways to gain power in the RD2, and still do not know exactly what the best ways are to get more power... yes i know there are turbos, and there are lots of little mods to do on the engine, that will bring the power up. Something that i cant seem to find much info about is engine swaping. Is this a viable alternative? It seems that it would be possible to place a different engine into the car to gain power but which engines ? Yes.. i am totally new at this... but i dont even know where to look for this information... please.. anyone that can offer the help... im listening. Im not kidding when i say i want my car to be blazing fast... i have no shortage of money, its just that i dont want to put it into something that will fall short of what i want to do with this car. Im in the best place to find info, but im new to msg boards... and tuner scene... help... :roll: this is my first car... i have to do it justice... thanks again...
Old 07-28-2004, 04:53 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: results?

Im no expert by any means... but Im sure that your best bet for a swap would be a 4g63t. Usually they are commonly found in '91 Eclipses. They are very adept to taking mods and turbos and such. Ive seen (in person) a guy with that motor in an Accord SMOKE a WRX STI!! ... realistically though any motor can be put into any car.... just depends on how much money, time, and injenuity you have, you know? Then again, if you want to do something wild.. Ive seen/heard a 9 sec Tiburon that has two motors. One running the front wheels and the other running the rears!!

You havent heard a lot about it because no one has really done it all that much, or at least they havent talked about it.

Youve got the materials to look at, its all in how creative you want to be... anything is possible... just have to have the patience and mind power to do it, you know?
Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: results?

Ahh yes... Thanks for the correction wink.gif

I was in the right area though... theyre all Mitsus!!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

Just keep the engine you have. Engine swap isn't really necessary from what I've heard, and with that money you could almost go turbo. The same engines are in Korea pumping 400-600hp on daily drivers. Our emissions restrictions keep us from attaining that, but just turbo and tune it and you'll be good.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: more advice from pros... =)

HERES A LINK / /
<span style="color:blue"><u>tibby engine swap question</u></span>
Old 07-31-2004, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Switches

dude, i wanna go to korea now, just so i can buff up my car without worrying bout gay laws! smile.gif
Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: Turbo mods

nah just go to tennessee no emissions laws or inspections last time i checked
Old 10-11-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: DIY Mesh Grills

Just take it step by step. Buy one thing you're interested in put it on, enjoy it, then add something when you feel like it. Can't go wrong with AEM intake..good place to start.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: more advice from pros... =)

i don't think wisconsin has any either (that im aware of anyway!laugh.gif)
dude if you have no shortage of money, then load the shit up..build up a strong engine (rods, pistons, etc) and then buy the extreme turbo kit from speed factor and you can run the psi pretty high and have a blazing fast car