Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

A Little About Me...

Old 11-15-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 tiburon gt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Nov 15 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, Im from Long Island, I used to be in Babylon ALL the time, never seen your car aound. You ever take it to DPA? I used to be down there a lot but not so much since last year. There's not that many other RDs around down there anymore.</div>

never really went to dpa, i used to go but i used to get pulled over within the first block or so every single time i went so i gave up on going there with that one, i have been a couple of times with my new one tho, you still go there? a few of us go there on friday nights and meet up in the sears parking lot around 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Nov 15 2006, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>dude, that first pic almost looks like the fender was photoshopped...
wtf is wrong with those things? the natural body curve isn't even in them...

what rear lip is that?

you planning on getting skirts?

i sorta like the hood, idk why, normally i hate stuff that is mis-matched (even cf), but for some reason i think it makes it stand out more..lol.

but those rims are hideous and heavy too i bet! eww

not too crazy about the tails either..

alpine turbo? shoulda went custom bro....lots of issues with the unichip (i just realized u mentioned that ^). personally, i would go standalone. or the smt6 with some bigger injectors (sonata ones or mustang ones should work and are the cheapest)</div>

1. the rear lip is a jet speed
2. not getting side skirts - going to be sellig the veh
3. what do you mean mismatched? everything is the same color or do you mean by manufaturer?
4. yeah they are definately heavy, i got them before i decided to go for speed, i used to go for spl comps so the rim weight never mattered
5. i like them better than the stockers
6. yeah i was definately thinking the same thing about the alpine, i already have bigger injectors, 440cc i think they are
Old 11-15-2006, 11:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98tib @ Nov 15 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>3. what do you mean mismatched? everything is the same color or do you mean by manufaturer?</div>
He means the mismatched look of your hood and the color of your car. Hes a fan of ONE color (reguardless of if its CF)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome....
Old 11-15-2006, 03:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ Nov 15 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He means the mismatched look of your hood and the color of your car. Hes a fan of ONE color (reguardless of if its CF)</div>

oh i gottcha, thanks. i personally love the color difference, i am going to do the same on my 05
Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

how long have you been around the scene total?

wanna know what i think? if you bought some nice lightweight 17'' 5-spoke wheels or OZ-Racing Superturismos, F2 EVO bumper, put the stock taillamps back in and had that rear lip molded into the bumper, it would look so HOT.

Then EVO hood, and you'd have a really bad ass car you'd like, even with the fenders. i mean the turbo says it all! i just think that right now your car is all over the place. especially with that front bumper. i don't like the painted window seal. you need to get rid of that and the taillights. throw in eibach kit, window tinting and an HID kit and you're all set.

personally i think you've got something going there, but without some basisc and real racing inspiration you're going end up disliking it and selling it.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Nov 15 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how long have you been around the scene total?

wanna know what i think? if you bought some nice lightweight 17'' 5-spoke wheels or OZ-Racing Superturismos, F2 EVO bumper, put the stock taillamps back in and had that rear lip molded into the bumper, it would look so HOT.

Then EVO hood, and you'd have a really bad ass car you'd like, even with the fenders. i mean the turbo says it all! i just think that right now your car is all over the place. especially with that front bumper. i don't like the painted window seal. you need to get rid of that and the taillights. throw in eibach kit, window tinting and an HID kit and you're all set.

personally i think you've got something going there, but without some basisc and real racing inspiration you're going end up disliking it and selling it.</div>

i have been around since, kore was around, hp.com, hyundaiaftermarket.com and a few more that i can't remember since 99 i have been chatting it up in the forums

i actually love those rims.

i was going to mold it but the body shop already took a full year just to do what you see.
as far as the tint it was limo tinted but i faded from sitting so i just ripped it off a few months ago, and actually haven't driven it since so i wasnt too concered with that just yet. i used to be in love with that bumper, but that was a long time ago when i first got it, between that and the fenders i got them from shark racing and it took 1 1/2 years for the bumper and 2 years to get the fenders, the fenders actually lok real good in person, pictures do not do them justice. its already lowered no need for the eibach kit i just need a bigger rim, i think they are 16's now.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

got any pics of that rear lip?
it looks kinda cool i think..

i still wanna know wtf is up with those fenders..
they almost look widebody too..??
Old 11-15-2006, 08:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98tib @ Nov 15 2006, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>never really went to dpa, i used to go but i used to get pulled over within the first block or so every single time i went so i gave up on going there with that one, i have been a couple of times with my new one tho, you still go there? a few of us go there on friday nights and meet up in the sears parking lot around 10</div>

Nah I stopped going last fall, too many cops. What color is your GK? Ive seen a few down there. Howabout the Bald Hill car shows on Tuesdays in the summer? I used to go religiously but I didnt go last summer at all. The car scene down there sucks, its mostly muscle cars now, not too many imports anymore, at least from what Ive seen.

But yeah awesome car.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

welcome to the site.. you say you hate your fenders? wanna sell em? i will give you mine for free smile.gif
Old 11-15-2006, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Yeah, welcome to RDT mate fing02.gif

I reckon sell the RD & just work on the GK. The RD seems to have had a good life but if I had both cars in my garage I know which one I'd be spending more on mods for & also driving more often.