Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

A Little About Me...

Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 tiburon gt

hey guys, my name is jason i have had my 98 2.0 5spd tib since 99 and since the day i got it i was hit by the modding bug, LOL. my car has currently 33,000 miles on it. i have been a member sin jan 05 but never got around to posting in here.

heres a quick list of my mods:

intrax lowering springs
chrome rims
js rear bumper
"new style" front bumper
carbon fiber hood
shark spoiler
cross drilled and slotted rotors
custom painted interior dash
1.8l gt cam
alpine turbo
FMIC
ud pulley
10.3 mm spark plug wires
iridium plugs
msd dis-2
bbtb
custom exhaust 2.5 piping
z-fenders
cc turn signals
altezza tails

i am sure there is a bunch i have missed
here is few pics, sorry none of the turbo yet

thanks for looking!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 AM

Welcome! Very nice.

The only things Im not crazy about, your fenders dont look like they match or flow..or is it just me? And those rims... meh get rid of them lol and get a hood from flyryde.com! they have the sickest hoods for the rd1
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 AM

yeah the fenders piss me off, i had to whole car repainted after eveything was installed and they still look mismatched. as for the hood, i like it, not willing to spend the money on a new one, trying to keep up with modding this one and my 05 at the same time, lol it sucks. i was actually thinking about selling the 98 pretty soon.

i hate the rims personally, they were cool as shit back in the day about 8 years ago when i got them, but times change, and i never got around to getting new ones. as you can tell i barely even drive this at all.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:55 AM

^^Where are the pics of the 05 at lol?!?!

If you sell the car, gimme your headlights and core support please?!?! lol So I can do a front end conversion. Why sell the 98 though? How much boost are you runnin? HP? TQ?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/98t...0car/?start=all

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/98t...each/?start=all

there's two galleries of the 05

not sure on the exact #'s for hp and tq, it has been a project in the making with this damn thing, it was sutch a mistake to install that alpine kit, it was a nightmare from the beginning. the unichip wouldn't let the car start ever, i sent it to alpine and they reprogrammed it and still it will not start, i checked every wire and all is right, so i everntually decided to not use it, so many people used to just omit it and make due with the apexi safc. but now the gas is so old and the iac is nop good and hopefully those are my last herdles. my boos gague goes to almost 20 psi under load so either something is hooked up wrong or the gauge is not working properly or the boost is just way too high. now i think i have a bad seal somewhere, under load it runs great but when i let off the gas smoke bellows out of the exhaust....... still haven't made it to a dyno either.

like i said i dont drive it much so it just kinda sits and i dont get to work on it too often. but hopefully in the next few weeks i can get it up and running perfect and sell it
Old 11-15-2006, 09:54 AM

^^ugh makes me want to get a gk soooo bad. I love the gk body style more than any other tib

But for the complaints about alpine check out their section on this site and message dmdicks. they have a new unichip that apparently works wonders now. ask him your ?s
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Incredible work!! Glad to see another huge enthusiast join the site!
Hopefully you can impart some of your knowledge to us over time.
Not crazy about the rims on your RD1, but everything else looks great! Where'd you get the teeny little antenna for your GK? Also, what kind of IM do you have in it?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle)</div><div class='quotemain'>Incredible work!! Glad to see another huge enthusiast join the site!
Hopefully you can impart some of your knowledge to us over time.
Not crazy about the rims on your RD1, but everything else looks great! Where'd you get the teeny little antenna for your GK? Also, what kind of IM do you have in it?</div>

the antenna is an ARK antenna about 35 bucks i think, and the intake manifold is next generation motorsports stage IV, check out NewTiburon.com . ark and ngm are sponsors for the site

i am part of a bunch of forums for these cars, mostly for my gk tho, kinda haven't talked about the rd for a while, used to be part of some of the old school sites, which i can't even remember right now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^ugh makes me want to get a gk soooo bad. I love the gk body style more than any other tib

But for the complaints about alpine check out their section on this site and message dmdicks. they have a new unichip that apparently works wonders now. ask him your ?s</div>

thanks for the heads up about that, i haven't gotten a chance to really look around yet. that would be a great help

and BTW i love my 05 it f'n rocks!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Dude, Im from Long Island, I used to be in Babylon ALL the time, never seen your car aound. You ever take it to DPA? I used to be down there a lot but not so much since last year. There's not that many other RDs around down there anymore.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

dude, that first pic almost looks like the fender was photoshopped...
wtf is wrong with those things? the natural body curve isn't even in them...

what rear lip is that?

you planning on getting skirts?

i sorta like the hood, idk why, normally i hate stuff that is mis-matched (even cf), but for some reason i think it makes it stand out more..lol.

but those rims are hideous and heavy too i bet! eww

not too crazy about the tails either..

alpine turbo? shoulda went custom bro....lots of issues with the unichip (i just realized u mentioned that ^). personally, i would go standalone. or the smt6 with some bigger injectors (sonata ones or mustang ones should work and are the cheapest)