Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Introducing myself

Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent 1.6L
Default Introducing myself

Proud new owner of a 2005 Hyundai Accent 1.6L. Lots of plans in store but expecting a baby in the next two weeks so I'm pretty sure I'll be broke for the next 18 years or so. smile.gif

Anyway here is what I plan on doing (in loose chronological order, give or take):
SRI (Spectre and K&N)
Springs (Eibach)
Sway bars (Whiteline)
Strut bars (?)
Headers & Exhaust (EF)

I haven't really planned anything else after this, it's going to take a while to do all this anyway. Once I get my headers and exhaust I will worry about what to do next. Nice to meet you all. Have a terrific day!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. The only thing I would add in is that when you do your springs I suggest you get some KYB GR-2 struts because lowering springs are hard on your stock struts and they usually blow before too long if you drive very hard if it's lowered. Some people have had good luck running the stock struts but others haven't been so lucky.

Enjoy the site and if you have any questions ask away!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just out of curiosity, why are you going with a Short Ram Intake? A cold air intake will deliver more power, but a short ram will give you better throttle response.

Either way, good luck with your build up and welcome.gif to the site! smile.gif
Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

In the few back to back dyno tests done on Accents the short rams seem to make more power for some reason even though that's not the case on pretty much any other car. I am thinking about getting the Cosmo CAI for the next dyno day and running them back to back to see for myself.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent 1.6L

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Visionz @ Aug 4 2008, 03:37 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Just out of curiosity, why are you going with a Short Ram Intake? A cold air intake will deliver more power, but a short ram will give you better throttle response.

Either way, good luck with your build up and welcome.gif to the site! smile.gif</div>
Just remember reading on another forum that Accents respond better to SRIs than CAIs. If I read it on teh intarwebs it has to be true!1