Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

hey

Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon
Default hey

well this is my intro if you haddent guessed already. i started out on rdtiburon.com (how i found this site). i had a 99 tiburon fx was blue with white hood. i bought it crashed fixxed it but didnt have the time or money to get the white hood painted blue so i drove like the for 7 weeks. at exactly 7 weeks 3,000 miles, oil change the day before my car was totalled. i was on my way to work from my brothers house in real bad rain, horrable tires, and wipers. so anyway Im comming to the top of a little hill that goes down a big hill as i gt going down some A$$ hole came flying towards me in his silver integra. my side of the road! so i swerve over to the right the come back onto the road and feel my rear end come sliding out from befind my. im headed sideways down the hill now facing the right of the road. i see whare im headed witch it gaurd rail at about 35-40 right into my drivers dood, so i hit the gas to try and get totally off the road before i hit and kill myself. i get off the road more i feel a huge slam to the bottom of my car and feel the front end lift into the air. i now have no control, if you didnt guess already. so at that point i dont even know whats going on or anything i just hold the wheel tight and lock up the brakes. i feel another slam from the back whare my left rear quartep panel had hit the guard rail. car swing around and stops. i sit for a second in my car, scream some nasty volgaritys (sp?). i try to open my drivers door, look out the window. not going to happin theres a telly poll there, i try to open my pass door. that didnt work eather it was wedged in a ditch. so as im climimg out my pass window not thinking the crash was nearly as bad as it was i lok up the hill about 40-50 yards to see the guy get in his integra and drive off. so he stopped to see that i was alive? i guess so. i stumple to the back of the car and try to see the damage. my car is pinned inbetween the poll and ditch. exhaust laying in the mud, fromt bumper and plate ripped off. no glass broken, no air bags off. rear of car has left wheel pushed into quarter pannal up in the air about 2 feet hanging there. front of car is totally destroyed because of the ditch also. neather door shuts, hatch dont shut, hood dont shut. theres about 15 people around me in like 10 seconds asking if im ok and all i can say is do you see my car? there all saying that its just meterial stuff ond dont matter but all i can do i stair at my once buitafull car. tow trunk comes and gets stuff trying to get my car out (makes about 3 foot deep ruts on the guys lawn trying to get out. so antoher tow truck comes to pull him out. trafic on the road cant move and is getting real pissed. finnaly they get it out and onto the flat bed. im an hour late for work and after being there for about 2 hours can no longer walk. i have to call my mom to come get me and take me to the hospital (should have gone at the crash when they asked haha) so that put us at about 9:30 at night. we sign/check in and wait for forever until 5 of 1 am when i get called in. he sits me on a bed. we tell him what happend he said hes glad i had my seat beld on and stuff. says that nothing is dammaged and gives my a pill the size of a fricking key to swallow. i mannage and after about an hour i cant feel anything at all (kinda cool haha). get home go look at my car some more more and go to bad. i thought me and my dad would just fix it until the next day when i got a daylight chance to look at it (dads a body man thats why we would fix it) anyway it is way past fixxing. it sits in the drive way for a week or so as i try to figure out what ot do now.my brother calls one after noon sayin theres a tiburon thats crashed but fixxable on craigslist for sheep. i email the guy and set up a time to go see it. me and my brother talk him down to 200 dollars, yes thats right i said 200 dollars. i call a friend on mine the next day to go pick it up with his traler. o ya the car is a 97 tiburon needed hood, front bumper, headlights, rear hatch, 1 tail, alt. and interior was total crap from not having a hatch. so me and a friend go there to get it (about an hour away) and realize that because his tralor was so high it was going to scrap getting on. well didnt realize it till it scrapped getting on, haha. so now it needs an exhaust also. anyway by the time we get back to my house its like 11:30pm and we unload it with a couple big pushes. i pay him the 75 bucks for the 2 hours tow and im once again on my own. progress on car goes now whare fast. until last weekend i still had the blue one (berried in snow) so i now started on my 97. i stripped EVERYTHING from my 99 blue tibby to go into the 97. the 97 is starting to look like a tibb again. still need front bumper and some more parts i have installed. o ya i live in Brookline NH right on mass line. im 16 love going out on the ATV's and sleds, 3,000 acres is my front yard so lots and lots of woods. my town is tiny and is also all woods. other hobbies include my gas powered traxxas rc truck, working on car/tinkering with stuff. resantly LED's have been a lot of fun. chillin whit my friends (what 16 year old doesnt?) i think thats about it.

i think about 10% of you will read the whole thing, thats cool to haha

o ya haha forgot to add the "nice" the cop was that came. i got a ticket in the mail sayingt that with the damageto guard rail/car i was deffinatly speeding. we went to coart and fought it and one. i alwaays go fast and ever get tickets (wasnt going to start with the worst crash ever) haha

-butters
Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 AM

heres some pics, whats the pic limit? if some one can post something i will add more....there all c ouple months old, theres been over a foot of snow more a couple months ow

Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Welcome to the site, I recognize you from RDT. Good to see your car is getting put back together.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM

heres some more...couple of snow ones is there..last look of tibb the day it left..driveway is solid ice sucks to tow cars out of lol

Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site Butters! You will find more info here from over the years, than you'll know what to do with. Feel free to look around the site, play in the arcade, and ask any questions you want. We're always glad to help out (without you having fear of being yelled at to use the search feature, although it does help...lol).

Hope to see you posting more often over here as well. smile.gif
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Welcome! That sucks about your car.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Welcome aboard man welcome.gif