Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Hello All!!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Accent
Post Hello All!!

Hey Guys!

I came over here from HP.com and this site rocks!! banana.gif

I have been addicted to the Hyundai scene sine 1998 when I bought my Pale Violet 1997 Accent X3 5-speed new as a leftover( the color is why it was a leftover). I started looking for performance stuff but was quickly dismayed since everything was Honduh related.

So feeling the cold shoulder of the aftermarket, sad.gif I put on a set of 13" aluminum wheels with 205/60/13 Sumitomo HTR4's, headunit, amp /sub and drove it for 3 years.

In 2000, I gave it to my sister as decent college transportation. In 2002 she was involved in a rear end collision that totaled the mighty Hyundai. My dad and I bought it back from the insurance company for $200 figuring that we would do something with it. Even though I did not drive it, the mighy Hyundai still meant much to me. wub.gif

Sadly it sat for 5 years. March of 2008, I decided to ressurect the mighty Hyundai because my daily driver was killing my wallet and I missed the fun of driving it. Its not the fastest vheicle but I dont care. Anyway, after a little body work, some parts from a donor X3 and a state inspection IT LIVES!! laugh.gif

When it comes to cars, most of my projects have been mainly mid 20's through late 40's Hotrods. I can do everything except interior stitching. The current project is a 1949 Ford pickup. The Hyundai is the first fuel injected car I am attempting to "tune".

Sorry for the super long post. I hope to see you all around.

Dean
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif

It's really cool that you're resurrecting the X3 from the dead pile. I think you'll have a lot of fun working on it. Myself and wilburisthecoolest from HP have been rebuilding his 1986 VW Golf that's been insurance totalled twice and we've been having a lot of fun with it.

I come from more of the muscle car school myself with my Accent being the first import car that I did anything to besides drive occasionally.

I might have to hit you up for some advice if me and Wilbur run into trouble working on the Golf. We're shaving everything and we've talked about building a steel widebody kit for it.

Enjoy the site and ask any questions that you might have!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site! Thats awesome you were able to rebuilt the accent and get it going again!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

welcome to the site. smile.gif
Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Accent

Thanks for the welcome.

187, hit me up anytime. I work with a VW nut, so if you have any questions I can pick his brain and see what he says. Get some pics of the wide body kit. I am toying of making one for the X3 using fiberglass for time purposes. Im learing the english wheel right now so hopefully in the future I can do a metal kit too.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Thanks, if I get stuck I will ask for your assistance. smile.gif

We're not sure if we're doing a widebody or not. I want to but he wants the car done pretty soon.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accident

banana.gif WELCOME!!!! banana.gif

I'm from hp.com too, good to have another accent here smile.gif