Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Headlights

Old 01-12-2005, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

This is kind of a noob question so prepare for the worst. I bout the Sylvania Silverstar H7ST bulbs for my 2001 Tib and I can seem to figure out how to get the old ones out. I read the owner's manual and it said something about pressing a spring that holds the bulb in but I can't seem to figure it out. Some help would be awesome.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black01Tibby)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is kind of a noob question so prepare for the worst. I bout the Sylvania Silverstar H7ST bulbs for my 2001 Tib and I can seem to figure out how to get the old ones out. I read the owner's manual and it said something about pressing a spring that holds the bulb in but I can't seem to figure it out. Some help would be awesome.</div>

hmm...did you unhook the pigtail so you can swing the spring all the way over the bulb??? cuz if its anything like the elantra(which it probally is) you just unhook the pigtail, undo the spring, move it over the bulb, slide bulb out. are you sure its supposed to be an h7? i am pretty sure it should be a 9003st/2 could be wrong though...
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Yes-- on the RD2 its definately an H7. Basically-- getting the bulbs out for me was a PITA. Theres a cap that gets screwed off to allow you to get to the bulb. There will be a metal piece that you must squeeze a pull to unlock the bulb-- it took me personally a while and alot of patience but its not too bad. Once the metal piece swings out-- theres a wire that plugs into the back of the bulb-- pull it out and the bulb slides out. Not too bad-- buy HIDs-- replace em once and never worry again... lol
Old 01-15-2005, 01:50 PM

ya, my bracket fell down in the bumper, so now i use a paperclip , works like a charp