Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

ECT?

Old 10-30-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Java's Clearance Sale

I have always wondered this since I got my car. I have a 99 tiburon (automatic), and next to my shifter their is a switch that says ECT and has a power mode nad a normal mode. Anyone know what ECT stands for and what it does?

Thanks,
Nav
Old 10-30-2004, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: New pics of my beautiful girlfriend ... and the car too.

(electronically controlled transmission)??

anyway, it lets you get more out of each gear at full throttle when in high rpms, it won't change gears until redline. if you want to try it out get on the highway, put it on power and floor it. watch your tach, it will be a little past redline when it switches gears. not sure how much it helps, but that's what it does.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: ECT?

ahh, that's what i thought it stood for, i was trying to think of anything it could stand for with those letters and the only thing i came up with was electronically controlled transmission, i didn't wanan say that though cuz i thought i'd be completely off =p. I do always drive with it on power, but i really don't notice any difference when I set it to normal even when I floor it. thanks zoned.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: Zekon Blitz Kit

you really only notice it when your in overdrive going over about 80mph, it will go out of overdrive and not go back in it until past redline. i don't think it really makes much of a difference..unless it also does something else?
Old 11-01-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: RDTiburon Decals!

it does make a difference. smile.gif

When you slam the throttle down it will allow your rpm's to go higher.
But, even with the switch at "normal" and you slam the throttle, the computer will think you need to get away fast, so it will automatically switch to "power" mode.

It all depends on how hard you are on the gas.
It will shift normally in "power" mode if you lightly take your foot off the gas at certain rpm's. (of course)

but when excellerating to merge on a highway, I flip the "power" mode on, and it allows me to reach 6,500rpm.

It just allows you to shift at higher rpm's

If you keep the "power" mode on, ... your fuel economy will go down the toilet!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: RDTiburon Decals!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x7xstring)</div><div class='quotemain'>it does make a difference. smile.gif
If you keep the "power" mode on, ... your fuel economy will go down the toilet!</div>

Thanks x7x, that also explains my 20mpg fuel economy =p
Old 01-15-2005, 03:17 PM

do the 2000 Tibs also have ECT?