Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Greets from winnipeg

Old 01-25-2005, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greets from winnipeg

I see there's a few winnipeg members here already, the world is a small place indeed.

Anyways I don't have a tib yet, I'm pretty sure I want an rd2, as I see lots of off-leases with 60-70k going for less than 10,000$ (canadian). So I guess a few of the questions I have is are there any dealerships that you'd recommend going to and staying away from? I see a few RD2's at autotownsales on pembina (www.autotownsales.ca) and they seem to always have cheaper prices than anyone else so I was wondering if the couple guys here in wpg knew about them at all, also what things to look out for when purchasing an off-lease/used car and around what cost I could barter them down to (again not looking to spend more than 10 grand)

Also do you find RD2's reliable? My friend has an 03 and hasn't had any problems with it but I don't know anyone personally with an 00-01 and after endless hours of research all I've found people mostly complain about is replacing bulbs. I also have a great mechanic that will work on whatever car I decide to purchase.

Sorry I asked a few questions only the wpgers could answer but everyone else feel free to help me out with the other stuff plz.

BTW I am car-less atm but for the summer I have a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. It won't be coming out this summer though cause insurance is too high for me to afford when I'm going back to school in fall eek.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

wave.gif
welcome to the site. good luck w/ the purchase!

other complaints that we get are that wheel bearings go all the time, and also the rear view mirror vibrates at certain RPM's.

and our tibs are better than the new ones wink1.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site mang. To be honest, the most complaints I hear regularly are...

1. RD1's, 1997, hard to put CAI's on because of emissions equipment.

2. RD's, ALL of them, headlight burning out problem, mostly passenger side. Just let your car run for 60 seconds or so before turning your lights on, no more burnt out lights.

3. RD1's, all of them, wheel bearings.

4. GK's, ALL OF THEM, bad clutches.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a 1997 tiburon and no problems. Also what amazes me is i never replaced my wheel bearings, still good. Welcome to the site. I'm from Winnipeg too.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to the site mang. To be honest, the most complaints I hear regularly are...

1. RD1's, 1997, hard to put CAI's on because of emissions equipment.

2. RD's, ALL of them, headlight burning out problem, mostly passenger side. Just let your car run for 60 seconds or so before turning your lights on, no more burnt out lights.

3. RD1's, all of them, wheel bearings.

4. GK's, ALL OF THEM, bad clutches.</div>

Pretty much everything except for 2, headlight issues seems to be only the 2nd gens, RD2's.
And yeah, hotrod drives like a panzy, that's why his bearings have not gone yet,... either that or he's deaf wink1.gif :wave2: Haha, just kidding, but yeah, he's lucky, he drives that thing pretty hard.

Welcome,wavey.gif

I'm a little biased as to which dealership you should buy from wink1.gif , but I'll just give you warning about Autowest, Kobi's, Car Canada, and Carland. Nothing wrong with the guys selling there, just all their cars are from the East, and you'd have to be meticulous to look for the extra rust when you buy a car,... doesn't matter if it's a Tib or not. Oh yeah, and lotsa Tibs on the lot at Autotown on Pembina as well,... but again Eastern cars.
Not sure if we have any RD's on the lot right now. If we do I'll let ya know. Lots of ours are just local trade ins.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 PM

Good to see you on the site...you'll enjoy the RD2 (best TIb ever...he he) if you decide to get it.